westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Well after a bit of a break I have managed to squeeze back into the corner

It took you that long to work off the mince pies and Christmas dinner?

:)

Well worth the wait though, some cracking photos.

Al.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

It’s just as well Adrian isn’t evil because we’d have a true evil genius in our midst. I doff my hat, am lost in admiration and will wear my superhero pants over my tights, this is just superb modelling. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Again, if i remember, the wall with the sign was subsequently painted over in a dull browny red, but you could still make out the letters when it weathered a bit!..

Another bit you could make in your inimitable way , would be the backs of the old terrace houses in Union St, just along from there...

You could knock through to the next room and carry on...!;)

Edited by Porkscratching
  • Like 4

On 04/02/2020 at 21:54, Porkscratching said:

Again, if i remember, the wall with the sign was subsequently painted over in a dull browny red, but you could still make out the letters when it weathered a bit!..

Another bit you could make in your inimitable way , would be the backs of the old terrace houses in Union St, just along from there...

You could knock through to the next room and carry on...!;)

I remember the brown painted end wall from commuting in the 1980's & 90's, the next building (or part of the same) that can be seen in the B&W photo had Nickeloid (or something very similar) on a dark blue background along the building where the writing can be seen in the photo.  I often wondered who or what Nickeloid was, I think they may have been printers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Reminds me of a poster at university with the header "SEX" and in smaller letters below "Now that we have your attention....<some mundane information that I can't recall">

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Welly said:

Reminds me of a poster at university with the header "SEX" and in smaller letters below "Now that we have your attention....<some mundane information that I can't recall">

Or a student lecture I went to, where they apologised for the printing error, it was actually about the integral of e to the power of x.  Oddly it wasn't very memorable.

Adrian

• Like 2

Long ago and very none modern PC{!} RAF security awareness presentations used to include a slide show, which had a random slide of a rather buxom topless lady.  At this point, the presenter was meant to say they were sorry for the slide, but it was intended to keep you awake.

I gave these presentations every 3 months to sections of RAF station staff, as part of the job.  I used to look through and remove the slide, for 2 reasons - firstly because the audience included many ladies who worked on the stations concerned. Secondly, out of a  very strongsense of insult, at the insult that the presenters of the information would need their audience to be so awakened at mid script.

As Miss Piggy might shriek.....   HAAAA!!

Julian

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 26/03/2020 at 14:32, westerhamstation said:

A very quite Westerham station. Bill posters has been busy. All the best to you all & stay safe Adrian.

Westerham Station bill board.jpg

The wartime posters have a strange resonance  in today's situation.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1