westerhamstation

A view of the back of the goods shed at Westerham that you can only see with a camera.

Give it a few years and the HSE will have something to say about that door opening onto a sheer drop. You'd better start thinking about an interlocking system that will prevent the door opening unless there's a wagon parked outside.

Tricky one that   ............

Give it a few years and the HSE will have something to say about that door opening onto a sheer drop. You'd better start thinking about an interlocking system that will prevent the door opening unless there's a wagon parked outside.

...............   since it only opens outwards  ........      :stop:  

Good evening Sir   ....    if you would like to take a seat, the Waiter will be with you shortly   .....

Special evening service of steam trains?

......   may I recommend this evening's Special Dish  ...   Steam Trains   .......      :locomotive:   .....   

• RMweb Gold

Christmas lights in Westerham, I thought that I had posted a reply to this but it seems to have vanished, very briefly

my laptop computer has thrown a wobbly and will require whacking with a hammer to make it work again. I am trying to type this on atouch screen tablet that thinks my fingers are some kind ofcomical device that every time it sees them approaching it can do what it likes,I am giving up now and will post when I can make my proper computer work which when I can find a suitable size hammer might be tommorrow. All the best adrian

• RMweb Gold

As you get older do your fingerprints vanish, could this be the reason that I can't operate this touch screen my fingers just go anywhere that the screen wants them to. I have just looked at my finger tips and all that seems to be there is shiny skin. I have found someone with a suitable hammer to attend to my proper computer not this ridiculous excuse for technology so hopefully normal service will be resumed Wednesday, this has taken me about 30 minutes to type this so if you will excuse me I am off now to plan a bank raid before my figer prints return. All the best Raffles

my laptop computer has thrown a wobbly and will require whacking with a hammer to make it work again.

It must be that time of year. Mine decided to do likewise on Saturday, refusing to spring into life. It may just have been the on-off button but it's been giving too many signs of age over recent months so I decided to take the plunge. I've been putting it off because of all the hassle of migrating software and licences, and data files. The unfortunate thing was that I haven't been as scrupulous at doing back ups over the last month as I should have been - but luckily the local PC shop was able to extract my old hard disk and turn it into an external drive with nothing lost.

The only real downside is that I am now having to grapple with the inadequacies of Windows 8.1.

• RMweb Gold

My computer is back and working, after a thorough service with a lump hammer. Small children are now banned from it, and must make there own computer from yogurt pots and cereal boxes. This computer will not spell or punctuate any better than before it was serviced, that will all be down to the operator and how awake he is. I am now off to see what you have all been up to. All the best Adrian.

Ps my fingerprints still don't seem to be visible :dontknow:

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Peeved at all the fuss that Westerham was getting over it's so called Christmas Carnival/ lights/ stalls/ star of breakfast TV (what's that all about)etc etc.

Brasted has struck back with something of a coup by getting the man responsible for it's proposed closure to revisit and think again, He has agreed to push the switch that controls the lights, and will helped by a man with a rolled up umbrella to actually prod the switch ( wiring courtesy of a bloke I met in the pub).

All this will be supervised by a Health and Safety Officer. so stand back and see the lights.

post-17489-0-96290400-1417786909_thumb.jpg

post-17489-0-92141800-1417787000_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Well it might have been   .........

Nice to see Ernie turning out to help the good folk of Brasted, at least it was a quick journey for him with that nice new Motorway thingy...

Al.

.......   quick - back then!!    ....   :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Peeved at all the fuss that Westerham was getting over it's so called Christmas Carnival/ lights/ stalls/ star of breakfast TV (what's that all about)etc etc.

Brasted has struck back with something of a coup by getting the man responsible for it's proposed closure to revisit and think again, He has agreed to push the switch that controls the lights, and will helped by a man with a rolled up umbrella to actually prod the switch ( wiring courtesy of a bloke I met in the pub).

All this will be supervised by a Health and Safety Officer. so stand back and see the lights.

I heard on the grapevine that the Breakfast TV star mentioned in the promotion bumph was a one time famous TV sports presenter who claimed that all that white powdery stuff he was found with, was merely scatter for his christmas scene on his own layout, Inspector Nightly has gone off in search of his favourite handcuffs to deal with the blaggard...

Kevin