westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

You've done it again, haven't you...

Managed to turn a strip of card into a convincing road surface (that looks like it's always been there) in the blink of an eye.

Boo hiss...

Al.

PS, why does it say ".RMweb Gold - online sign-up now available." in the middle of your posting?

Hi Al, thanks for spotting that . I belive that subliminal advertising is banned, i must of been influenced by external forces beyond my control.subliminal definition: 1. not recognized or understood by the conscious mind, but still having an influence on it: 2. Subliminal advertising tries to influence people ...  All the best looking for more hidden messages Adrian.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Porkscratching said:

Apologies, it's no doubt been mentioned at some point, but out of interest, what's the total size of the board or area that this layout occupies?

Hi, the drawing shows how it started off each square is 12". and as it's slowly progressed little bits of baseboard have been added to include the turntable and the line to it. The line to Westerham & Brasted stations runs beneath Ewer St and makes a brief appearance at the lower level at the front of the baseboard. All the best Adrian.

ewer st new designmk2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Work has started on the walls of the Acme Engineering Works, the builders arrived on site with a discarded central heating boiler box and have been busy with the aid of some pva adhesive to fasten the walls together have made the basic structure to fit the space available. They said they would be back in a week when the glue had dried and that they were off on holiday for a week. All the best Adrian.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

How many central heating boilers do you have now Adrian? You seem to buy them just to use the cardboard wrapping. Far be it from me to criticise, but there must be cheaper ways...

:D

Al

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

22 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

How many central heating boilers do you have now Adrian? You seem to buy them just to use the cardboard wrapping. Far be it from me to criticise, but there must be cheaper ways...

:D

Al

Noooo!!  Have you not spotted that grey hooded fella lurking at the gate of the recycling compound?  He can spot a washer wrapping from half a mile away, slide up the steps to the cardboard container and ease the newly found factory materiel away before the rubbish minders have even noticed his presence.

Regards

Julian

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 12/05/2019 at 18:47, westerhamstation said:

Some street lights to light the way for the workers at Acme Engineering works.  These have been made from some scraps of plastic tube, earing backs and the fish hook type of earing thing that hangs from the ear.

I hope the pictures show how they were constructed, parts have been glued using gel superglue and sprayed with grey and black from a rattle can.  All the best Adrian.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

Brilliant and ingenious. They have turned out really well and are just the sort of creative modelling we used to do before it became possible just to buy everything,

Revs. Denny & Beale look down and smile upon you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for your generous and funny replies. Boiler boxes are supplied by my next door neighbor who is a plumber, currently we are visiting my son who lives and works in Malta, a country where health and safety and driving standards are non existent but otherwise a great place. All the best for now Adrian.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Thank you all for your generous and funny replies. Boiler boxes are supplied by my next door neighbor who is a plumber, currently we are visiting my son who lives and works in Malta, a country where health and safety and driving standards are non existent but otherwise a great place. All the best for now Adrian.

That is where I have been going wrong, not living next to a plumber!   Just have to keep on using plasticard.  

• Funny 2

Good to see you back Adrian, hope you're nice and refreshed. Inspired by your work I'm getting on with buildings for my layout, looking forward to seeing the factory completed.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1