westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

Very nice A Drain,

one of those public conveniences where you sidle in, holding your breath, and trying not to touch any part of the fixtures or fittings...

Does it look like this inside?

gents007.jpg.1e0d9a7ed2236ee0e0ae465e646bae27.jpg

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Adrian,

Another cracking bit of modelling.

Regarding picture sizes, do you take them on your phone, or with a camera and then edit them?

Most of my photos are done on a camera and then downloaded to my PC, and then I halve them in size before posting them to RMWeb, which you can do in Paint in Windows, or various other graphics programs.

Most of my images therefore end up as 1294 x 864 pixels in width and height, and around 160kB to 200kB in file-size.

Al.

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Hi Adrian,

Another cracking bit of modelling.

Regarding picture sizes, do you take them on your phone, or with a camera and then edit them?

Most of my photos are done on a camera and then downloaded to my PC, and then I halve them in size before posting them to RMWeb, which you can do in Paint in Windows, or various other graphics programs.

Most of my images therefore end up as 1294 x 864 pixels in width and height, and around 160kB to 200kB in file-size.

Al.

Hi Al, all my photos are taken with a Sony cyber shot, nothing fancy. I have just found out that I can resize pictures and reduce them to a consistent size in a windows programme, here is one that was 6.65mb

resized to 1500 x 1125 comes out at 121 kb, I will use this 1500 width as my default width and let the height take care of its self. All the best Adrian.

test.JPG

Edited by westerhamstation
missing word
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

You be careful up there Adrian, it's bloody windy today.

The Acme Mk1 Corrugator is producing some great looking roofs, I should write a letter to the manufacturer.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

down below Ewer Street to where the sun never shines

Is this the legendary place where we are told to stick it?

You always manage to blend things in, to the point where it looks like it's been there forever. That will be a nice place for some atmospheric photos when it is done.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Westerhamstation . What a handsome looking layout, I had better resign? or think of an alternative, I could never compete with this workmanship.

I don’t think that I would have enough time to learn the techniques let alone build such an impressive model. Happy Modelling Kev 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Adrian.  If I was going to attempt a similar layout using an 0-6-0 Loco? Would you please tell me which class would they use with a “ Push Pull Set “?

Because the R1 class in the photo that I saw online of Westerham, I cannot find any details of that number. Happy Modelling Kev 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, retiredoperator said:

Hi Adrian.  If I was going to attempt a similar layout using an 0-6-0 Loco? Would you please tell me which class would they use with a “ Push Pull Set “?

Because the R1 class in the photo that I saw online of Westerham, I cannot find any details of that number. Happy Modelling Kev 

Hi Kev, the R1 class used on the Westerham Valley Railway were 0-4-4 Nos 1700 &1704  "Push Pull". The 0-6-0 used was class 'O1' No 1048.

The best source of information of Locomotives used on the line is the David Gould book The Westerham Valley Railway by Oakwood press ISBN 0-85361-515-2. I hope that little bit of information is of some use, I am sure that someone with a far greater knowledge of locomotives used on the Southern Region will happily step up and help you (and me). All the best Adrian. 

• Like 1

Hi Adrian.  Again very good work. I have tried similar techniques, but, my results were lacking something, as I used card instead of MDF, With brick paper, that wasn’t so cooperative?  I used that well known brand of solid non stick stuff, a wallpaper seam roller , and famous brand craft knife. Happy Modelling Kev 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1