westerhamstation

On 28/04/2019 at 09:13, westerhamstation said:

Acme will continue to make their existing product range with the addition of some exciting new products, 4ft metre rule. non stick glue, sky hooks and chequered paint will be just some of them.

All the best Road runner C.E.O

Do they make a metric adjustable spanner? Been looking for one for years. :mocking_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

Can we assume that a Welsh builders firm Bodgit and Scarper have the construction contract.

Keith

Ps. There was actually a company of that name in Pembrokeshire. There is also a stonemason called Nurse and Payne and a great Dickensian named firm of solicitors " Bissmire Fudge and Co." 

Edited by KeithHC
Spooling correction!!!!
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

G'Day Folks

Used to be a great named Hardwere/Ironmongers shop in Southend-on-Sea, called 'Izod & Burnip' they are still be there.

manna

Edited by manna
Wrong name
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

Acme are currently developing a measure once/guess and then cut several times device, under going trials at the moment. All the Best Head of R & D Acme ( surrounded by a pile of scrap ).

Sounds like my method! Put me down for a tin of Rainbow paint and a roundheaded spanner please. :mocking_mini:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

:offtopic:

Not long ago I was queuing on the motorway, and was overtaken by a scaffolder's lorry. The company's name was Tubular Raiser, which I though was a brilliant pun, if surprisingly erudite for a builder ;)

Sorry Adrian,

Al.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Do I not recall hearing of a builder's van in the West Midlands that was signwritten "You've tried the cowboys - now try the Indians!"

Hi Ian, I have followed it down the road a few times. All the best Adrian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well that's the site cleared and swept, ready for the addition of the foundations which have been made from a scrap piece of mdf  screwed to the underside of the existing baseboard frame.

To reach the Acme Engineering works a road will be constructed along the length of the front of the baseboard this will help to protect the front of the layout, the first picture shows what I will very roughly model my building on hopefully. Some picture of progress so far. All the best Adrian.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

The building is just outside of Waterloo Station.

The link to the picture and most useful  site is 

Southern Steam in Colour 1966-67

All the best and thank you all for your interest Adrian

Immediately to the left of those sidings was a series of huts where I did ticket office training in 1966.......

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

I was going to say that it looks very much like Carlisle Lane at Waterloo. There was pub there next to the viaduct, the Royal George, that sold Ruddles County in the mid 70s that I occasionally had a drink in. According to this is was demolished in 2000: 

http://closedpubs.co.uk/london/se1_southwark_royalgeorge.html

but it would make a great model.

G

• Informative/Useful 1

59 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

The building is just outside of Waterloo Station.

The link to the picture and most useful  site is 

Southern Steam in Colour 1966-67

All the best and thank you all for your interest Adrian

Great link!..Those pics are stunning, fascinating too to see steam and Emus working side by side...

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Immediately to the left of those sidings was a series of huts where I did ticket office training in 1966.......

They were still there in the 1970's - I did my early R&R Ops classes there when still a clerk! I think that is where the old 0 gauge training layout was used for a while?

• Like 1

That's certainly a vertigo inducing precipitous drop and a rather narrow road without any barriers - and no passing places, so luckily nothing coming the other way.

I like the tip/idea for producing the kerb stones and rough pavement finish.

G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

You've done it again, haven't you...

Managed to turn a strip of card into a convincing road surface (that looks like it's always been there) in the blink of an eye.

Boo hiss...

Al.

PS, why does it say ".RMweb Gold - online sign-up now available." in the middle of your posting?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1