westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, SouthernBlue80s said:

I am sure you have probably seen them...but just in case. A few pictures of Westerham Station here - hopefully by clicking the link you can see all of them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31890193@N08/10928625235/

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the link, I have seen them but others may not have, they are a great set of pics and would have been a great help to me when building Westerham Station but as per usual I didnt find them till it was nearly finished :banghead:All the best Adrian

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Fantastic pics of Westerham, I knew Brasted , W'ham , Dunton Grn & Edenbridge etc quite well back in the 90s ..as I knew, and regularly  visited, a few people who lived out that way..I never realised at the time there had been a railway line out there, Dunton Grn would be the last vestige?..

On the off chance, did you ever go to the 'Fox' pub at Brasted ? That was a great old place even in my day, run single handed by a lovely old dear, it was like being in someone's front parlour in the 1940s or something!..you even could buy a wide selection of chocolate bars behind the bar..

We went there once and they randomly had Morris dancers doing their stuff on the grass in front of the pub..!

Edited by Porkscratching
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Porkscratching, would that be the Fox and Hounds pub up on Brasted Chart, if so I used to go in that and most other pubs in the surrounding area in the late sixties and early seventies happy days.

All the best Adrian.

http://www.dover-kent.com/2014-project-c/Fox-and-Hounds-Toys-Hill.html

• Like 1

That's the one, I think it may have been 'Heather' the name of the lady who ran it ??

I'm going back to the mid/late 90s  so doubtless she's not around anymore, and it's presumably been taken over, "refurbished"  and blandified in the usual modern corporate way...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, calvin Streeting said:

are you planing some aircon units, water tank or stuff, and stair access.. :) 

ex WW2  fire watching look out posts, in brick, used to be seen quite a bit atop these type of buildings...

..tho Metal Box co roof is higher and gives a better vantage point..;)

Edited by Porkscratching
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, calvin Streeting said:

are you planing some aircon units, water tank or stuff, and stair access.. :) 

42 minutes ago, Porkscratching said:

ex WW2  fire watching look out posts, in brick, used to be seen quite a bit atop these type of buildings...

..tho Metal Box co roof is higher and gives a better vantage point..;)

Hi, great ideas and thanks for the suggestions, something else for me to research and build. All the best Adrian.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

RMWeb is an amazing place, sometimes... I bet if you said you were wanting to model a metric-threaded left-handed trunnion-screw with toggle attachment, someone on here would supply photographs and an engineers' drawing...

:D

Al.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

3 hours ago, Alister_G said:

RMWeb is an amazing place, sometimes... I bet if you said you were wanting to model a metric-threaded left-handed trunnion-screw with toggle attachment, someone on here would supply photographs and an engineers' drawing...

:D

Al.

Hi Al, that is so true and what a wonderful bunch of people there are on here. By the way you haven't got a a metric-threaded left-handed trunnion-screw with toggle attachment I could have please as I seem to have a screw loose. All the best Adrian.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, westerhamstation said:

Hi Al, that is so true and what a wonderful bunch of people there are on here. By the way you haven't got a a metric-threaded left-handed trunnion-screw with toggle attachment I could have please as I seem to have a screw loose. All the best Adrian.

If this is modelling with a screw loose, I cannot recommend getting it tightened!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

On the WW2 theme, albeit with slight divergence, there must have been many installations on and around the track to protect what were considered strategic locations, thought this a nice example, (apart from the graffiti junk) ...you don't tend to see this kind of thing modelled in a railway sense....

IMG_20190615_093849_410.JPG

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1