westerhamstation

• RMweb Gold

Really clever idea.  Try giving it a light sanding, and making sure that they are all level at the top; if they are out at the bottom then it is just wear and tear.

Whatever you do, do not bin it.  At least start a fire with them.  :)

• Like 2

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Ewer Street, Up On The Roof
  • RMweb Gold

All the best Adrian.  Have safe and happy Christmas, and a good New Year.

I hope you will be on the bottom of the ladder keeping it steady, and making sure she does not leave any smears.  :)

Edited by ChrisN
  • Funny 3

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Ewer Street, One Door Closes
  • RMweb Gold

Adrian,

Brilliant as usual.

Posting Pictures.  The pictures go where the cursor is.  (The cursor is the flashing bar, not the person you kick when you are annoyed, so that they swear and have to put in the swear box.  :jester: {Sorry})

So you can either chose one image, or all of them at once, but do not click on the + button.

Type:  This is what this picture is:-  Then press 'Return' four times.  Move the cursor back two lines using the 'UP' arrow.  Click on the + button on the image you wish to post.  Press the 'DOWN' arrow to get to the bottom of the two cursors left, then either another 'Return' or just add more text.  Then type another four 'Return' s move the cursor back, post next picture and so on.  Clear.  No?  Try it and it might make sense.  (It is easier to do than explain.)

So :

Picture name:

Return 

Return

PICTURE

Return

Return

Picture name:

Return 

Return

Post Picture

Return

Return

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely superb modelling once again Adrian.

Just a thought - might the Slater's relief letters give you a better 3D impression on signs such as this? The size might not be right though, but I think it could be. I have used them for station signs in 32mm, but they are not too big for large signs in 00.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Sorry, but I thought at first it was a wagon body !!!

manna

Hi Manna, funny you should say that, because thats what I based the dimensions on for the height and width. Very well observed. ( I just need to stick some wheels on it and I would have another wagon :scratchhead:).

All the best Adrian.

• Like 4

• westerhamstation changed the title to Westerham, Ewer Street, A Little Light

Brilliant as ever Mr W, however......   I am sufficiently educated as to be able to count to 8 {one spare, see...   that's to be sure there aren't more than 7...  credit to my teachers, it must be said.} 

I also have had a few years experience of Westerham Watch and wonder, just what might become of those 6 other lamps, having noted only one is to be seen below the canopy.  Seldom have I seen wasted production effort from  the washing machine box recycling factory process.  Maybe one more under the far end of the canopy?  That still leaves 5 to be allocated to ??????

Tune in later, for the next episode of the Ewer Street light programme.....

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi Julian, you are quite correct in your accounting and your final tally of lamps produced. One was used outside the reception door.

Two were going to be used on the warehouse door but only one fitted due to a large brick wall that intruded into its position. One got eaten by the carpet monster. One is going to be used on another building which if the builders ever turn up to complete it, and two are going to be used on the arches on the large brick wall mentioned earlier. Now how many lamps have been used and how many remain, answers on a five pound note to Mrs W Station please. All the best Adrian. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

I got a flight in one of those, as a birthday present, not many years back and actually decided to go for it, despite having read the accident rates, together with the reasons for them.  Flying errors, in most planes, can normally be corrected, if not completely drastic and you have enough height, stalls, spins, engine power, too steep climb, lack of airspeed etc.  Those things need rather more care, as several such careless mistakes can turn it into a rather noisy brick, with no means to recover back to controlled flight.  It was really fun to fly, but not something I will be trying to repeat.....

Make sure you have someone with you to hold the Gyro steady whilst you take those pictures, young man.    :scare:

• Friendly/supportive 1