Seagry.

Kev_Lewis

Lovely layout, I really like the open feel. Also, you can't have enough GW blts!

For the last few years we've had our department Christmas lunch at Seagry (or it might be Uper Seagry!), I think it's The New Inn (not being a local its the only time I've been in it!).

• Like 1

Thank you gents for all of your kind words.

What make are the ground signals ?

They're from Model Signal Engineering. The GWR 1920 type.

For the last few years we've had our department Christmas lunch at Seagry (or it might be Uper Seagry!), I think it's The New Inn (not being a local its the only time I've been in it!).

Yes, it's that Seagry. I spent much of my childhood in the village of Upper Seagry where my grandparents lived. Nowadays I play cricket for Seagry Cricket Club, hence the inclusion of the cricket pitch.

Edited by Kev_Lewis
  • Like 2

very, very well done.

I can almost hear the thwack of leather on willow...and the birdsong.

As coachman say's, the effect lies in the uncluttered nature of the layout.

And the photos are all the more evocative, with little or no railway activity portrayed........

This must be the way most people remember railways?

Thanks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to add my congratulations on a lovely layout. I echo what others have said about the spaciousness of the scene, difficult to achieve in a relatievely small space. I particularly like the little less obvious touches like the station flowerbeds and the telegraph wires. What have you used for those by the way?

Well done and another GWR layout to keep an eye on :sungum:

• Like 1

I'd like to add my congratulations on a lovely layout. I echo what others have said about the spaciousness of the scene, difficult to achieve in a relatievely small space. I particularly like the little less obvious touches like the station flowerbeds and the telegraph wires. What have you used for those by the way?

Well done and another GWR layout to keep an eye on :sungum:

Thanks Nick.

The telegraph wires are just cotton thread.

• Like 1

Simple but amazing stuff!

everything just ties in lovely together the combonation of a cricket field and a BLT together work so well.

Not over crowded with bushes and shrubs but still gives a countryside touch.

Can't stop looking at the pictures. :-)

Given me a much needed boost for my 'in the pipe-line 1960's branch station'...

Jack.

• Like 1

Well done Kev, thoroughly enjoyed this and join in with all the above well deserved praise.

Regards,

Cheers John. I've been following your thread on Hintock since the start. Your layout is fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing the re-modelling progressing.

Looking at that last view, have you used grass mats for the scenery? Looks suspiciously like a certain Model Scene mat that I have used myself!

A nice small layout excellently executed. Well done.

Thanks Ian.

I have indeed used grass mats, they're from the miniNatur range. I got them from International Models: http://www.internationalmodels.net/acatalog/Main_Catalogue_Index_Silflor_53.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As I have a few days off over xmas I've decided to take a break from my various O gauge projects and make a couple of upgrades to Seagry. The non working whitemetal signal will be replaced with one of the nice new Dapol working ones. And the whitemetal/etched brass platform gas lamps will be replaced with DCC Concepts working gas lamps. As the lamps come as a pack of three I'm going to put two on the platform and one in the goods yard.

post-12902-0-32522600-1356280469_thumb.jpg

Here goes.......

• Like 5

Hi Kev,

I have only just found this thread - despite it being here for ages (yes I'm an idiot, yes I should have clicked on the links on your posts, and so on!) and it would seem that I have been missing out my good chap! This is absolutely ace stuff - well done! I am glad you inhabit OO land as well as the senior scale. A man of may talents it would seem... The sense of place, time and subject is very subtly and skilfully handled and the atmosphere generated is first class. Have you thought of exhibiting it?

More pictures please and I am very interested in seeing the fitting of the new additions!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1