Seagry.

Kev_Lewis

Hi Kev,

I have only just found this thread - despite it being here for ages (yes I'm an idiot, yes I should have clicked on the links on your posts, and so on!) and it would seem that I have been missing out my good chap! This is absolutely ace stuff - well done! I am glad you inhabit OO land as well as the senior scale. A man of may talents it would seem... The sense of place, time and subject is very subtly and skilfully handled and the atmosphere generated is first class. Have you thought of exhibiting it?

More pictures please and I am very interested in seeing the fitting of the new additions!

All the best,

Castle

Thanks for your many, many kind words, Castle.

Seagry is now just something I tinker with every now and again. I have to confess to having recently sold off about three quarters of my OO stock and spending the money on a Lionheart DCC sound 74xx Pannier Tank. I'm thoroughly hooked on O gauge now! I don't think Seagry will ever leave the spare room, the main board being 6 foot by two foot means having to hire a van to move it.

I've just crawled out from under the layout and am about to squeeze back under there to connect the last few wires. With a bit of luck I should be able to post some photo's tomorrow.

• Like 2

I quite surprised myself yesterday afternoon. The Dapol signal was fitted without any hitches, working perfectly first time!

As you can see I've painted the base to look like dirty concrete.

57xx pannier tank 7788 waits to depart with the branch goods.

post-12902-0-54399200-1356348052_thumb.jpg

Off we go!

post-12902-0-57461700-1356348061_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Here's the second part of my improvements to Seagry.

The DCC Concepts lamps took a bit longer than the signal as a bit more wiring and some soldering was required. The lamps have incredibly thin wires, far too small for my prefered method of using terminal blocks to make connections under the layout. So out came the soldering iron. The two on the platform required some dexterity to thread the wires through the platform and then the baseboard. The only issue I had was the little circuit board included required the wires to be soldered directly to it's terminals. I'm a little hesitant about soldering directly onto electronic components, terminal blocks would perhaps have been better.

Anyway, enough rambling, here's the photo's:

Overview of the station and goods yard.

post-12902-0-79713500-1356361238_thumb.jpg

Stop sweeping man. That cobweb needs attention!

post-12902-0-29612500-1356361247_thumb.jpg

post-12902-0-04059200-1356361258_thumb.jpg

Reading lamp?

post-12902-0-64422900-1356361266_thumb.jpg

Sometime next year I hope to get around to trying out some of the Kirby couplings that Pete Harvey produces.

• Like 11

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm glad this topic has been bumped back to the top of the table otherwise I would probably never have seen it what a cracking layout. I love the cricket scene, where did you get the players from?

I'm glad this topic has been bumped back to the top of the table otherwise I would probably never have seen it what a cracking layout. I love the cricket scene, where did you get the players from?

Thanks for your kind words Boco.

The cricketers are from Langley Miniatures.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

I am installing DCC Concepts GWR gas lamps on the station platform. As I am an electrical novice I have a couple of questions as the instructions are not that clear and DCC Concepts Web site has no help.

- I have a DCC bus. I assume I can connect a power feed from the DCC bus to the power inputs (soldered?) on the circuit board.

- Each lamp has two copper wires. I can take the three lamps and solder/twist so I end up with two wires, not six. These should be attached to the circuit board but this has two sets of two sockets (lamp and LED). Should they be connected to the lamp sockets not one to lamp and one to LED?

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Martin

IMG_5379.jpg