Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

What is the cluttered workbench?

Mike T

Hi Guys

Just what it says on the tin - my home workspace that like many others is covered in best intentions as projects are started and moved to one side. Hopefully the chance to share these with others will now get them finished. Feel free to whip me along - everyone else does!!

So a quick tour...

The work area is an MDF 'tray' built specially for the job and is a big cousin of the ones we use at The Facility which will no doubt feature in other posts.

post-6707-12619976232979_thumb.jpg

Cheap artists brush stands are utilised for general tool tool storage. Paint pallettes are used to keep small parts from going missing during assembly.

post-6707-12619976322577_thumb.jpg

The main work area with the latest project on the go more of which soon...

post-6707-12619976408154_thumb.jpg

The right hand side houses a stand for pliers and cutters plus my soldering station. Also just in this picture you can make out the flexible drive from my dremel which hangs from a stand.

post-6707-12619976484613_thumb.jpg

Power supplies for the bench. The single socket is controlled by a footswitch and is used mainly for the dremel.

post-6707-12619975969871_thumb.jpg

Similar to above but shows the gooseneck document holder used for project references.

post-6707-12619976130613_thumb.jpg

So time to get on with some modelling!

Regards

Mike

• 6 months later...

As a PS. to my last post as I work in O gauge my bits of clutter are bigger.

If I remember correctly it was some scrumpy that I was trying, I didn't stay on it for long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OzzyO.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Those are some serious looking work benches with a superb array of tools which all make my little one look very inadequate.

attachicon.gifReady for some serious action.jpg

But then mine rolls away out of sight under the layout when not in use.laugh.gif

attachicon.gifCould it be a built-in Workbench.jpg

I like this work bench. Neat. How did you get o make the cabinet? You give ideas. My desk is more like the untidy ones.

• AY Mod unpinned this topic

Archived