My detailing/repainting projects

Morning Dave. That will be mine! Simple phosphor bronze pickups, wired up to a led lighting strip  :mail:

Thought it might be Lee. Looks good. Nice job.

Putting lights in my coaches has been a job on my to do list for a while now, but there always seems to be something else more important to do. You can't beat a good night session with lit coaches (my 108s have lighting of course). One day!

I have been trying oyt some new weathering techniques on a batch of coaching stock. Lots of colour washing, subtly filling the nooks and crannies, and leaving just a hint of rain streaked dirt on the bodysides.

12507613693_3f4b0e3a9b_b.jpg

12507612513_02088a1f9e_b.jpg

Network Rail 66.

12507622103_8de6037647_b.jpg

And the little push pull Mcrat is finished. Sorry, I didn't have a chassis handy!

12507989974_769080a029_b.jpg
  • Like 8

The subtle weathering on those coaches looks a lot better. Finally someone else embracing the false shade work that Ive been trying to push. Lovely work! Interesting liveries on the locos too. NR actually suits the 66.

The subtle weathering on those coaches looks a lot better. Finally someone else embracing the false shade work that Ive been trying to push. Lovely work! Interesting liveries on the locos too. NR actually suits the 66.

Cheers. I really like the effect, closest I have had to the prototype yet. I have to agree with your comment about the 66, not a clas I have the slightest passion for, but somehow yellow seems to suit.