My detailing/repainting projects

6 hours ago, RBE said:

The masks need to be turned a tad to make the centre or their radius so that it aligns with the pivot point of the wiper arms.

Best compromise I could get, as the window frames and masks are slightly different sizes.

I have been using an 'Easi-Liner' pen for a good few years now, but just for touch ups, and small bits of lining here and there. Decided to have a go with full length cantrail stripes today. First efforts not bad, more practise and I will have it cracked. Certainly quicker than transfers, however the down time for cleaning me, and every surface in the workshop of orange paint, sort of wipes that advantage out :o

DSC_0001 (2).jpg

DSC_0002 (1).jpg

DSC_0004 (1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Interesting, those Posca paint pens ! May have to try a few 

I've been using them for awhile now.

Perfect for edging footboards and cantrail stripes that are gutter lines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

I've been using them for awhile now.

Perfect for edging footboards and cantrail stripes that are gutter lines.

Im still trying to get the best out of them, but liking the results so far

Heljan class 37/4. A batch of 10 of them to be precise. My initial thoughts were as a small subclass, these will be a fairly quick job, as there weren't a load of detail differences. I generally always get it wrong! Many different nose end lamp bracket combinations, some requiring removal, and thus nose end repaints. fitting 10 soundchips, which requires a strip down to the bare chassis block, and underframe tank modification, pretty much every seperately fitted detailing part becoming detached and needing reaffixing, black headcodes needing painting, cant rail lines adding, this has turned into a major job!! Getting on top of them now though :-) Anyone fancy having 10 of these all fired up and noisy on their layout? :huh:

374.jpg

374a.jpg

374b.jpg

chassis.jpg

• Like 11

Afternoon guys. Getting on for 3pm on a Saturday, it's hot and sunny outside, and I'm grafting in the workshop. Might be the paint fumes, but my mind is wandering today. ;) I remember in the not too distant past, absolutely destesting weekend work, when I worked for someone else, doing a run of the mill job. Hated it. Today I'm sitting in a nice comfy workshop, listening to my choice of music, creating more BR blue beauties. It's very humbling to think that folk are happy to trust and pay me, creating personal models that mean a great deal to them.

The last couple of months have seen a quite frankly sphincter flappingly further increase in business, and also some very eye opening new customers and contacts, which I am sure are going to take the business to new and exciting heights and areas over the years to come.

Big thanks to everyone who has made Lee's Locos what it is, wouldn't be here without you.

Best,

Lee.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Afternoon guys. Getting on for 3pm on a Saturday, it's hot and sunny outside, and I'm grafting in the workshop. Might be the paint fumes, but my mind is wandering today. ;) I remember in the not too distant past, absolutely destesting weekend work, when I worked for someone else, doing a run of the mill job. Hated it. Today I'm sitting in a nice comfy workshop, listening to my choice of music, creating more BR blue beauties. It's very humbling to think that folk are happy to trust and pay me, creating personal models that mean a great deal to them.

The last couple of months have seen a quite frankly sphincter flappingly further increase in business, and also some very eye opening new customers and contacts, which I am sure are going to take the business to new and exciting heights and areas over the years to come.

Big thanks to everyone who has made Lee's Locos what it is, wouldn't be here without you.

Best,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

Does the above mean that you are not in a position to take on any extra customers?

Also,  if you have capacity for say a full repaint, weather and renumber once a month for the next twelve months or so, on a mixture of classes?

Are you up for modern stuff such as DRS and GWR or just blue era?

If what I am saying is of interest please post your email or PM me it?

Many thanks

Paul