My detailing/repainting projects

1 hour ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi Lee,

Does the above mean that you are not in a position to take on any extra customers?

Also,  if you have capacity for say a full repaint, weather and renumber once a month for the next twelve months or so, on a mixture of classes?

Are you up for modern stuff such as DRS and GWR or just blue era?

If what I am saying is of interest please post your email or PM me it?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul. Would love to help, but sorry, I'm too overbooked to accommodate your work.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Hi Paul. Would love to help, but sorry, I'm too overbooked to accommodate your work.

Thanks for referring me to Ben, but I had already been pointed in his direction! Still better referred twice than not at all and I am in conversation with him.

Best regards

Paul

• Like 1

Here are a pair of My Hornby HST power cars fitted with the latest Legoman/ESU V5 soundchips. Speakers are DC kits EM2 'earth movers'. These things produce a lot of bass.....the workbench vibrates during testing! Closest I have ever heard to that Paxman Valenta scream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286awy6w1JI&feature=youtu.be

So.....you can probably remember when I was asking about techniques for producing rather distressed paintworka week or so back. I spend most of my days trying to achieve paint perfection, so my OCD is struggling a bit with this one!! However, after the various paint layers sprayed on have dried and cured, I have now started to attack it with wet n dry, a fibreglass brush, and lots more to come. This is the first stage, basically roughening the top coat, and getting the undercoat to show through. Stage 2 will be adding some textured rust, and then stage 3, applying the usual weathering muck. So far, it's been an interesting and new experience.

paint 1.jpg

paint 4.jpg

paint 2.jpg

paint 3.jpg

• Like 9

On 04/10/2019 at 12:41, blueeighties said:

New Heljan 0 gauge class 56 cads. What do we think?

56 cad 2.jpg

56 cad 3.jpg

56 cad 4.jpg

56 cad 5.jpg

cad 56 6.jpg

cad 56 7.jpg

cad 56 8.jpg

cad 56 9.jpg

cad 56 10.jpg

cad 56 11.jpg

Heljan cad1.jpg

My thoughts:-

You can only model 56091-135 (cab aircon vent).

But 091-135 were not fitted with the coupling guard grid.

It has a NRN radio aerial, but does not have the Immingham reliability modification, so you can model between circa 1988-95.

As it stands from the CAD’s, the loco exhibited never actually existed!

its a ‘FRANKENGRID’

• Funny 1

On 04/10/2019 at 12:41, blueeighties said:

New Heljan 0 gauge class 56 cads. What do we think?

56 cad 2.jpg

56 cad 3.jpg

56 cad 4.jpg

56 cad 5.jpg

cad 56 6.jpg

cad 56 7.jpg

cad 56 8.jpg

cad 56 9.jpg

cad 56 10.jpg

cad 56 11.jpg

Heljan cad1.jpg

Looks a very impressive beast, apart from the head on image, the cab roof does not appear to have that distinctive dome shape, it's too tapered off/flat towards the edges.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, thedman said:

It has a NRN radio aerial, but does not have the Immingham reliability modification, so you can model between circa 1988-95.

its a ‘FRANKENGRID’

Just remember...these are first cads and not cast in concrete!!

18 hours ago, thedman said:

its a ‘FRANKENGRID’

Just to clarify, before this becomes a(nother) scare story, the NRN aerial, cabside aircon vent and 'grid' under the bufferbeam will be separate customer fit items, so you can fit them or leave them off according to the specific loco you want to model. You'll also have the option of two styles of cab door handrail (round or flat section). 

With regard to the cab roof dome, it looks different on the real thing (and also the CAD) depending on what angle you view it from, so it's possible to source images that both confirm the shape shown on the CAD and the comments about it being too flat! There's also plenty of evidence that the real things vary in shape, which makes it very difficult to create a 'definitive' shape that will please everyone and cover every loco in the chosen batch. 

All the Best

Ben

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, 61661 said:

Just to clarify, before this becomes a(nother) scare story, the NRN aerial, cabside aircon vent and 'grid' under the bufferbeam will be separate customer fit items, so you can fit them or leave them off according to the specific loco you want to model. You'll also have the option of two styles of cab door handrail (round or flat section). 

With regard to the cab roof dome, it looks different on the real thing (and also the CAD) depending on what angle you view it from, so it's possible to source images that both confirm the shape shown on the CAD and the comments about it being too flat! There's also plenty of evidence that the real things vary in shape, which makes it very difficult to create a 'definitive' shape that will please everyone and cover every loco in the chosen batch. 

All the Best

Ben

Hi Ben

Yep I'd agree the roof shape will look different from different angles of viewing.  However from the front on CAD image above, I think the domed roof on a Hornby model ( also from front on) looks more accurate.  Look forward to viewing the first EP of the model.

Regards

Ken

Edited by tractor_37260
amend text
  • Agree 2

On 08/10/2019 at 14:57, 61661 said:

All the Best

Ben

Thats good to know Ben, one loco you will not be able to model will be 56085 as for some reason it was built without cab front steps!