My detailing/repainting projects

On 09/10/2019 at 21:32, thedman said:

Thats good to know Ben, one loco you will not be able to model will be 56085 as for some reason it was built without cab front steps!

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Another example of the many little quirks across the build. We don't number them, so it's up to the customer to avoid such pitfalls! Although we are doing two fully numbered and named 56s in this case - 56101 Mutual Improvement in RF Coal and 56110 Croft in RF Construction. 

• Like 1

As most of you know, I fit an awful lot of locos with sound these days. I am constantly looking for and trying out new ideas and speakers. I have always been Impressed with the Zimo range, as fitted to the Sutton 24. If you have heard it, you will know how good it is. The bigger ones are superb, and sound very good in some 0 gauge installations. YouChoos now also offers a very large and varied size range, my preference is for the 'ICE' range, I have fitted a big 55x18x09 in the Hornby 56 as pictured and it sounds bloody great. I would highly recommend investigating these speaker ranges if you haven't already done so.

P.S...I have been informed the Sutton class 24 is not actually fitted with Zimo speakers, they are actually from the 'Rail Exclusive' product line.

speaker 2.jpg

speaker.jpg

Edited by blueeighties
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 29/10/2019 at 20:55, class27 said:

It really is outstanding isn't it. Have you become involved in the customising of the rolling stock or are you sworn to secrecy?

Morning chap. Not at all! Yes, I am involved with customising a few of the locos, and I'll be helping out with the layout at Warley next year :huh:

• Like 1

Every now and again, something arrives on the workbench that is a wee bit special. Here we have a JLTRT class 40, built and painted and weathered by a very talented chap. My job is to fit a sound system in keeping with the standard of the loco, and adding some lighting enhancements. Soon to be seen on Simon George's Heaton Lodge Junction.

40181.jpg

40181a.jpg

40181d.jpg

40181e.jpg

40181g.jpg

JLTRT 40 soundfit.jpg

• Like 12