My detailing/repainting projects

• RMweb Premium

Really looking forward to Accurascale's version of the 37. But your recent postings of detailed Bachmann offerings show that it's still a very good model. Love the 37/4s and 37012.

Pj10  

37426...Y Lein fecker :mocking_mini:

Heljan 0 gauge, cantrail stripe added, (and yes I have a couple of wee bits to touch up), numbered, detailed and weathered.

I think this is the one and only 0 gauge loco that's leaving the workshop this year with no sound fitted.

37426.jpg

37426a.jpg

37426b.jpg

37426d.jpg

37426e.jpg

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Work in progress number 1. A Heljan 0 gauge class 20. My customer purchased this numbered and weathered, the weathering is actually a pretty decent job, but unfortunately the transfer application was not, and the numbers were just hanging off. Have re done these, added sound, and a characteristic blue engine room door, some further weathering to blend everything in next.

20141.jpg

• Like 10

This is in relation to a 00 gauge model, but I thought the fault tracing/finding would be useful to share.

The Hornby class 56. A really good model, with a few silly faults. I have owned, continue to own, and work on loads of them. One thing has always bugged me, the running. I generally strip them right back to the bare bones, silly Hornby pcb dumped, and re wired with new correct colour lighting units. I thought I had found the running issue by removing the large capacitor on the motor terminals.

This week I had a seized drivetrain to sort out, so completely stripped it down. Hornby are known for using a 'concrete' grease, which over time dries and causes the chassis to become stiff, or sometimes seized if not ran very often. So apart it came, and out with the degreaser. Once everything was nice and clean, I decided to check that all of the geartrain was properly free running. It's not. I have discovered that the main drive cogs, which transfer the drive from the motor worm to the wheels, have a tight spot and bind. I checked another chassis...exactly the same. So I'm now thinking I have found the issue. The series of photos show a greased up drivetrain upon disassembly, then cleaned, and then finally marked with paint where the tight spot is. I can't see any visible cracking or gear issues, so this must be down to crap manufacturing tolerances. Going to file the offending teeth down a bit in the hope that this will resuly in a silky smooth running chassis. Only took 5 years to find this!! :unsure:

56 oil.jpg

56 clean.jpg

56 geartrain.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 6

Ooohhh....

First views of the re tooled Heljan 0 gauge class 47.

As always please note THESE ARE FIRST SAMPLES and subject to detail changes.

Please find attached the first images of our long awaited O gauge Class 47, which replaces the first version released many years ago. As always, this first sample is far from being the finished article and a number of improvements will be made before production starts (not least the radio aerial, which has been mangled on this sample). However, we know that many of our customers are very keen to see how this project is progressing. The model shown is Version 3b, a later loco with HI headlight, ETH equipment and with the boiler tanks removed. Version 2 will cover the 1960s/70s loco with glazed headcode panels and steam heating boilers and Version 3a is a later no-heat variant with headlights. Details of the types and liveries we will release are shown below. We expect to release these models in late-2020.

DUE 2020! Class 47

Version 2 – 1960s/70s

4850: BR two-tone green (small yellow panel)

4851: BR two-tone green (full yellow end)

4852: BR blue (full yellow end)

Version 3 – 1980s/90s

4860: BR blue (full yellow end)

4861: BR large logo blue

4862: Railfreight ‘Red Stripe’ grey

4863: Railfreight sector three-tone grey

4864: BR engineers grey/yellow

4865: BR Parcels Sector red/grey

4866: InterCity Executive

4867: Network SouthEast

47.jpg

47a.jpg

47b.jpg

47c.jpg

• Like 7

A rather large Heljan 0 gauge 37/4.

Afternoon guys. A final loco posting for December, but it's a good un :mocking_mini:

Numbered and weathered by myself. Done as 407, with it's characteristic hand painted numbers, weathered to represent it's first few months of service after conversion from Crewe during the mid eighties.

She is for sale if anyone is interested, drop me a pm.

Regards,

Lee.

37407.jpg

37407a.jpg

37407b.jpg

37407d.jpg

• Like 6

Well folks, it's just about that time of year again when we all get excited for Santa arriving :D I'm having the luxury of a bit of downtime from the business next week, to spend it with the family, eat relax and be rather merry :unsure: Thank you to everyone for your friendship and support during 2019, it's been another fantastic year. Lots of exciting developments in store for 2020 :jester:

IMG_20191222_163824_163.jpg

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3