My detailing/repainting projects

On 13/01/2020 at 14:55, blueeighties said:

And another 56 today...This time 4mm. This one is actually mine, (shock horror!), returned to the workshop for a service. I decided to re-wire whilst I was at it, the original was a bit messy. Also fitted with a Rail Exclusive 55x20x10 'chunky boom box'. This thing now really screams....

56127.jpg

Want.... 

• Like 1

So. After ruining a Heljan 0 gauge DCC pcb board, an alternative solution had to be found to wire a 21 pin chip in. I managed to source the appropriate header pins, a bit of soldering and heatshrink, and we are out of a sticky situation!

chip.jpg

chip1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

The first of a few of the recently released Heljan 0 gauge class 03s in the workshop rolling off the bench. Paintwork has been gently faded, Zimo/Paul Chetter soundfitted, and a suitable layer of typical GD grime clagged on. And yes, the odd electrification flash and other small detail have not been altered to match prototype images, customer did not require this ;)

A truly wonderful model.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here we have a quartet of 0 gauge class 45s that have been repainted, and are about to be weathered. Well, 3 of them are anyways. Can you spot the one that hasn't used transfers from my preferred supplier? This particular set were supplied by my customer, from the so called 'top dog' of the transfer world. Might just be me, but I have always had issues with these particular transfers....this just goes to prove I'm glad I went against the grain and don't use them! Locos have all been treated exactly the same way, primed, painted, glossed, transfers, and then gloss sealed.

45 pic 2.jpg

45 pic.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/06/2020 at 15:43, blueeighties said:

Here we have a quartet of 0 gauge class 45s that have been repainted, and are about to be weathered. Well, 3 of them are anyways. Can you spot the one that hasn't used transfers from my preferred supplier? This particular set were supplied by my customer, from the so called 'top dog' of the transfer world. Might just be me, but I have always had issues with these particular transfers....this just goes to prove I'm glad I went against the grain and don't use them! Locos have all been treated exactly the same way, primed, painted, glossed, transfers, and then gloss sealed.

45 pic 2.jpg

45 pic.jpg

If it is the supplier I think it is I have had similar problems  with transfers for a wagon but the loco ones have been ok.

• Like 1

Interesting to hear you've had issues... I'm not sure who you are referring to but I've had issues with waterslide numerals from pretty much all suppliers! Large decals seem ok though. I do like the DRD dry rub transfers as they leave no film.

I know who you are speaking of, but I’ve had no problems with them and find their stuff generally better than the other ones, who seem to turn yellow a bit quick ( although their other stuff and customer service is great )