My detailing/repainting projects

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, blueeighties said:

And following on from Yesterday video....now with added smoke! 

Just watched this video. Its like the real one is  there! The sound is awesome. I've never really been convinced by smoke on diesels or steam models but this is pretty damn good. Best I've seen anyway. I may have to rethink my thoughts on this. 

• Like 3

Very impressive....the best representation of model "smoke" I've seen so far especially how it varies with the throttle application. The JG sound file is also good and different, although I prefer Bif's latest WD 37/4 version. I use a JG Class 25 file in a HJ27 very pleased with it, the cold starting on it is also very realistic.

9 hours ago, cypherman said:

Would have been nice to see how worked in an actual loco, To see if  the smoke come out at the right places.

Give me a chance!! Obviously I need to get to grips with the technology first, the next stage is fitting everything into a locomotive body. Don't worry, I didn't plan to haul the as pictured test rig around on a large sheet of foamboard :D

First pictures...new Heljan pre-production 00 gauge class 45.

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all well.

Very proud to show and announce the first painted pre-production sample of the forthcoming Heljan 00 gauge class 45. This is the first time the 45/1 variant has been accurately reproduced, with a correctly tooled roof and other associated details. The other 45/0 sub variant will also be produced.

Please note that this is a pre production first test bodyshell, the main objective was testing fit and livery elements, there are some detail errors that will be corrected before moving into production.

I offer a pre order service on all new Heljan, and you all know by now a full repaint, weathering, renumbering and sound fitting service. Drop me a line with any order requirements.

Regards,

Lee.

45133.jpg

45133d.jpg

45133e.jpg

• Like 13

The Dapol class 08. A really lovely model. Not so lovely when it comes to renumbering, and removing the BR arrows and leccy flashes though....they seem to be almost moulded on! Removal always results in the paint coming away too. Thankfully they are always to be weathered, so a bit of priming and patch painting actually help the process along.

08 issue 2.jpg

08 issue.jpg

• Like 7

The first of this weeks locos to roll off the production line, a pair of resprayed Heljan class 47s. Certainly not my usual BR blue fodder!

47355 in Fragonset, and 47826 in West Coast Scarborough Spa liveries.

47355a.jpg

47355.jpg

47826.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

The rest of this month basically consists of weathering....I have huge pile of projects coming to completion. Here is one of them, a Heljan 0 gauge class 20. 2nd time visiting the bench, this time for a renumber, new BR arrows, and some fading and further weathering. 20183.

20183.jpg

20183a.jpg

20183c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

And the second loco today, 45010. Renumbered, sound fitted and weathered. Headcode reporting numbers changed to dominoes. Heljan 0 gauge. Awaiting a crew which is arriving today, but I took the photos as it looks like rain is on the way!

45010g.jpg

45010.jpg

45010c.jpg

45010d.jpg

45010f.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Afternoon all. Today's (first) finished loco, the first of a trio of Heljan 0 gauge class 25s. Renumbered as 25200, and weathered to quite a tatty appearance. Quite a bit of fading and weathering to the nose ends. Usual sound from Legoman, with a pair of my twin custom made speakers. The next 2, 25196 and 320, feature heavier fading, and a more tatty appearance :taunt:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Morning all. Todays loco is the 2nd Peak of the week! Good rhyme that :unsure: Fully repainted from a green version, we have yet another 45036. This is such a popular model in BR blue simply because it was the last to retain the twin centre headcode marker panels well into the eighties...making it Hobsons choice. I think this is my seventh one. So, repainted, weathered, and fitted with the usual Legoman sound and twin custom speakers. Notice the 'bling' unpainted aluminium window frames at no 2 end...no idea why these existed on the prototype.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Well, it's been a rather busy week. How on earth is it Friday already? :o

As well as being extremely busy in the workshop, home life has been the same, so I haven't posted much. Hopefully this trio of lovely manky shunters will make up for that ;)

We have another of the lovely wee Heljan class 03s, out of the box 03107, gently faded and weathered. Unusually no soundchip fitted. 2 Dapol 08s, both renumbered, 1 as 08008, 1 as 08372. Again both faded and weathered, 08008 has had it's odd cabside wooden frame added, and the bufferbeam headstocks painted red. Both fitted with Zimo soundchips and Paul Chetter sound. Thanks to David Mcgilll for the lasercut windscreen wiper supplier.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4