My detailing/repainting projects

A Heljan 0 gauge class 33, roof repainted grey, numbered as 33025 'Sultan', bufferbeams painted red, silver buffers, very bling! Customer requested ex works condition. I am doing a 2nd one of these, this time with a cantrail stripe and weathering, watch this space ;)

33025.jpg

33025b.jpg

• Like 6

Following on from yesterdays Peak owner request, here is the actual finished loco! A Heljan BR green class 45, finished as D56, The Bedfordshire And Hertfordshire Regiment. Finished to quite a tatty condition, sound by Legoman, numbers by Precision Decals, and plates from Fox.

Please Ollie Robinson, get in touch so I can send you your loco back!

45.jpg

45a.jpg

45b.jpg

45c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Happy to show the latest Heljan 0 gauge pre production refurbished class 31 model that I have been painting. When finished this will be put through it's paces on Simon George's Heaton Lodge Junction.

Please note this has just been painted, a few tweaks, varnishing, weathering and glazing are still needed to complete.

31166.jpg

31166a.jpg

31166b.jpg

31166c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Heljan 0 gauge centre headcode class 37, renumbered as pre tops 6824, weathered to a suitable scruffy state.

6824.jpg

6824a.jpg

6824b.jpg

Lovely Tractortastic stuff Lee... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon folks. It's that time of year again, when it's time to wind down a bit, crack a bottle (or several) open, eat, be merry and happy.

Sort of. I think we can all agree that this has been one hell of a year. We have seen some large scary changes to life during the last 12 months, and we don't seem to have an end to it for a while yet. 
On the plus side, our wonderful hobby seems to have gone from strength to strength during this period, I have had yet another record breaking year. I am sitting on a full order book, and a huge pile of pre orders for next years new releases. Damn, I'm grateful and thankful to be in such a position.

And it's all down to you lot. Without you, my humble business wouldn't have grown and continued to thrive.

A heartfelt thanks from the Edmondson clan, including little sausage Buttons! I wish you all the very best for Christmas and New year, stay safe, and look after yourselves and family. Enjoy your break, back to business January the 2nd :-)

Regards,

Lee.

boris.jpg

workshop.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Good afternoon folks. It's that time of year again, when it's time to wind down a bit, crack a bottle (or several) open, eat, be merry and happy.

Sort of. I think we can all agree that this has been one hell of a year. We have seen some large scary changes to life during the last 12 months, and we don't seem to have an end to it for a while yet. 
On the plus side, our wonderful hobby seems to have gone from strength to strength during this period, I have had yet another record breaking year. I am sitting on a full order book, and a huge pile of pre orders for next years new releases. Damn, I'm grateful and thankful to be in such a position.

And it's all down to you lot. Without you, my humble business wouldn't have grown and continued to thrive.

A heartfelt thanks from the Edmondson clan, including little sausage Buttons! I wish you all the very best for Christmas and New year, stay safe, and look after yourselves and family. Enjoy your break, back to business January the 2nd :-)

Regards,

Lee.

It's been a tough year, I've lost a few family members to cancer, worst of all my mam. Other family members are also battling cancer and may not have long left. My missus has today just tested postive for covid and I'm awaiting my results, we're both worried about our remaining elderly parents who have been ill too. So yes, its been quite a stressful year all told.

However the lockdown did give me the opportunity to finally clear out my loft and I found my old Lima and Hornby sets, it reintroduced me to the hobby after many years away from it. Reading about the hobby and working on the models has provided me with an excellent escape from the intensity of working from home which has also been stressful in itself. I've worked far too many hours this year without a break and felt mentally drained and burnt out on a few occasions. Allowing one's mind to escape to another world has been a great tonic!

I do enjoy reading your thread and always look for the updates as most of the content is the era I'm interested in, keep up the good work and the updates!

I too would like to wish all the forum members the very best for Christmas and New year, stay safe and healthy, and keep an eye on the family. Let's hope the New Year brings in some cheer.

Edited by APT Fan
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much my least favourite job....filling and sanding. In this case, 0 gauge class 37 bodyside and cantrail footsteps. 3d rivets added to complete the job prior to re-priming and top coat painting. Come on Ben Jones, time for an updated model to save this nightmare :D

37 steps a.jpg

37 steps.jpg

• Like 4