My detailing/repainting projects

A gorgeous, hot sunny bank holiday, and we see another dirty beast emerge from the workshop :D Another Heljan 0 gauge class 37, centre headcode, finished as 222. An interesting one this, one of the very few to retain it's bodyside steps, and unplated panels throughout it's life. Original bufferbeam cowlings retained, the only ex works part of this loco are the recently fitted air pipes after a visit to Doncaster works. Shame they couldn't be bothered to run it through the washer.

37222.jpg

• Like 7

Heljan 0 gauge class 37 wanted.

Morning guys, a request for a change! I am after a Heljan 0 gauge class 37/0 centre headcode box.....preferably blue, but anything considered. Drop me a line if you have anything you wish to part with.

Regards,

Lee.

37222c.JPG

Reality check. Some things humble one during a working week. Chap visited me today, just starting out, learning all about DCC, sound,layout building and the fun it entails. His age? A sprightly 91 years :D Hope I can help.

Scotsman.jpg

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

On 20/11/2013 at 19:25, Jon020 said:

On the subject of grey 31s... here's 206 a few weeks ago and despite that dutch yellow band, the grey roof is certainly darker than the bodyside... and given the meticulous care that seems to have gone into preserving this loco, I'd be surprised if it was wrong.

post-8351-0-30641500-1384975523_thumb.jpg

I know this is an old post, but just to clarify, 206 was painted at Brush Loughborough when it was owned by Cotswold Rail just before it was bought into preservation. It does indeed have a darker roof than bodyside. 

Edited by mabel

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2021 at 18:09, blueeighties said:

Morning chaps. A few shots of the new Heljan 0 gauge 47 on my layout. This was purchased from Mr Seven Mill last year. I have just rewired for DCC, and will be featuring further improvements in the coming months.

47568.jpg

47568b.jpg

47568c.jpg

Hi Lee, Nice work on the class 47 you have really captured the run down look. 

Anymore pics of the layout?  i need to build a small shed for mine yours looks great.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Morning guys. A relative rarity....one of my personal locos! This has taken me 3 years to complete simply because of the constant heavy workload of the business.

Starting life as an unrefurbished green Heljan 0 gauge class 26, I introduce refurbished Railfreight 26032. Cabside tablet recesses filled, underframe air compressor tanks added, a full repaint, and fairly heavy/tatty weathering. This loco was in quite a state in it's later years, I will revisit the detail weathering at some point in the next 3 years and possibly add a bit more :D

26032.jpg

26032h.JPG

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, blueeighties said:

I will revisit the detail weathering at some point in the next 3 years and possibly add a bit more :D

26032.jpg

26032h.JPG

Lee, it looks the bees knees ….. It will probably be withdrawn by the time you get round to it again …..

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 11:23, P.C.M said:

Hi Lee, Nice work on the class 47 you have really captured the run down look. 

Anymore pics of the layout?  i need to build a small shed for mine yours looks great.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter....I''l try to remember on to take some more!

Edited by blueeighties
typo

2 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Hi Peter....I''l try to remember on to take some more!

Thanks Lee, Nice work on the class 26 too. I have a blue one that I need to repaint and detail at some point.

Cheers Peter.