My detailing/repainting projects

Hi, Lee, I've been on RMWeb for some years but never posted. I have recently moved over from 4mm to 7mm and have bought a Class 25/3 that is missing the large grill. I wonder if you can signpost me in the right direction to get a replacement. The Signalbox are out of spares and are not replying to my emails. With no shows on I'm a bit lost what to do.

Regards GG

rat.jpg

On 16/08/2020 at 09:38, gorgeousgordon said:

Hi, Lee, I've been on RMWeb for some years but never posted. I have recently moved over from 4mm to 7mm and have bought a Class 25/3 that is missing the large grill. I wonder if you can signpost me in the right direction to get a replacement. The Signalbox are out of spares and are not replying to my emails. With no shows on I'm a bit lost what to do.

Regards GG

rat.jpg

Morning Gordon. It's Gaugemaster you need for Heljan spares. Unfortuntely they are your only option.

2 hours ago, blueeighties said:

New Heljan 0 gauge class 37s. Yummy :senile:

new 37.jpg

Look great Lee, I guess you will have a few coming in. I have one on order and going to add some details but to date I have drawn a blank on the source of some guard irons for the front of the bogies, is there a source you can recommend please?

6 hours ago, 37114 said:

Look great Lee, I guess you will have a few coming in. I have one on order and going to add some details but to date I have drawn a blank on the source of some guard irons for the front of the bogies, is there a source you can recommend please?

Never come across those as an aftermarket part. Scratchbuild?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Lee, quick question. 

What size wiring do you use for dcc sound etc? I'm about to fit one to a DJH 37 but confused about wire sizes like 30awg? A nod in the right direction would be appreciated thanks.

The new Heljan 37/0 looks good, considering one as D6700 in backdated late 90's condition. 

13 hours ago, Joner said:

Lee, quick question. 

What size wiring do you use for dcc sound etc? I'm about to fit one to a DJH 37 but confused about wire sizes like 30awg? A nod in the right direction would be appreciated thanks.

The new Heljan 37/0 looks good, considering one as D6700 in backdated late 90's condition. 

Hiya, I use 7/0.2 for the motors and pickups, standard 00 gauge DCC wire for the lighting, think its 0.25mm.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last 2 months have seen a significant amount of 'bench downtime', what with a workshop refurb, many, many sales of personal stock, and a much needed weeks break. Happy to report that we are now back up to full speed, and a lot of finished customer commissions are going to feature during October :-)

Today a couple of 4mm weathering jobs, a class 37 and 117 DMU.

117.jpg

117a.jpg

37710.jpg

• Like 10

Morning guys. today's post/finished item is one of a trio of Heljan 0 gauge 50s, all finished as 50046 'Ajax'. These are full repaints, sexy black roof, cantrail stripes, and tatty weathering. Fitted with Legoman sound and a huge pair of EM3 speakers.

50046.jpg

50046a.jpg

50046b.jpg

50046c.jpg

50046d.jpg

50046e.jpg

• Like 19