My detailing/repainting projects

• 2 weeks later...

Morning guys. A pair of the marvellous Heljan 0 gauge class 03 shunters today. Both renumbered as 03107, and yes I know that number was actually a Heljan release, but they had all gone. Con rods painted yellow, weathered, and Paul Chetter/Zimo sound fitted.

031`07d.jpg

03107.jpg

03107a.jpg

03107c.jpg

03107e.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Something else I have been working on.....this is a pre production Heljan 0 gauge class 47. Repainted and finished as GD tat 568. It was in a very rundown condition, I still have a bit more weathering detail to complete, but thought you would like to see it so far. I think it looks pretty good :-) i believe these are due to hit the shops late this year.

As always if you want one or 6, get in touch!

47568.jpg

47568g.jpg

47568k.jpg

47568l.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

6 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Something else I have been working on.....this is a pre production Heljan 0 gauge class 47. Repainted and finished as GD tat 568. It was in a very rundown condition, I still have a bit more weathering detail to complete, but thought you would like to see it so far. I think it looks pretty good :-) i believe these are due to hit the shops late this year.

As always if you want one or 6, get in touch!

47568.jpg

47568g.jpg

47568k.jpg

47568l.jpg

What colours do you use on this Rail Blue look if I may ask??

• 2 weeks later...

Another Heljan large logo 37/4. Renumbered as 37412, cantrail stripe and additonal lamp brackets added, as running after transfer from Scotland to the West country. Sound via Legoman and a big EM3 speaker.

And yes, I have correctly located the bufferbeam ETH jumper :huh:

37412.jpg

37412a.jpg

37412c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Another Heljan large logo 37/4. Renumbered as 37412, cantrail stripe and additonal lamp brackets added, as running after transfer from Scotland to the West country. Sound via Legoman and a big EM3 speaker.

And yes, I have correctly located the bufferbeam ETH jumper :huh:

37412.jpg

37412a.jpg

37412c.jpg

Thanks Lee :wink_mini:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Few of us would - if that's the worst defect it's a bl**dy good model!

John Isherwood.

I disagree . I looked at the model Lee was doing and immediately something odd jumped out .

You can't get away with stuff like this in O gauge .

but this is a debate for  elsewhere not Lee's thread 

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon guys. I think last week was the first week since business began I didn't put a post up! A very, actually quite taxing week preparing a number of 0 gauge locos. 5 class 37s, a 25, and a 31. All of the 37s had their bufferbeam skirts removed, reshaped, and edge profiling added. New kick plates, headcode boxes, and roof fan grilles, plus the completion of the nightmarish sanding and filling, and rivets re added on the bodysides. The class 31 has had its old nose end doors removed, and new PH Designs ones added. Bodyside footsteps, and boiler roof panel added. Hopefully these will all see primer this week. Some nice locos will be coming out of this lot.

locos.jpg

locosa.jpg

locosb.jpg

locosc.jpg

locosd.jpg

• Like 11

Some oddly coloured and shaped locos rolling off the production bench this week. First up the Heljan 0 gauge class 17. Completely unfamiliar with these, never seen one for real. Numbered as D8576, weathered and Legoman sound fitted.

class 17.jpg

class 17a.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Hi Lee, some superb stuff on here. Can i ask if you repaint the yellow on the Heljan  37/4s I noticed yours don'thave the black around the markerlights on the headcode box. 

Cheers Peter.

On 23/05/2021 at 09:37, P.C.M said:

Hi Lee, some superb stuff on here. Can i ask if you repaint the yellow on the Heljan  37/4s I noticed yours don'thave the black around the markerlights on the headcode box. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, nice to hear from you, I hope you are well :D I remove the painted black around the marker lens sockets....they are meant to replicate lens rubbers, but weren't present on sealed beam marker lenses. It makes a surprising difference. 

On 28/05/2021 at 01:19, blueeighties said:

Hi Peter, nice to hear from you, I hope you are well :D I remove the painted black around the marker lens sockets....they are meant to replicate lens rubbers, but weren't present on sealed beam marker lenses. It makes a surprising difference. 

Hi Lee, Going ok thanks though back in bloody Lockdown again. Thanks for the info I will have a go at removing the black I didn't fancy repainting the whole front end.

Cheers Peter.