Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Knottingley WRD

Richard_S

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard. I presume you have seen the recent postings of JeffP in Prototype Discussions? 

Anyhow, considering that thread and having just caught this one I have to say what a great project. 

The era is just about the time I had 'given up' spotting/shed bashing trips and I don't really know about the liveries that started to appear around the mid 80s. In fact  my last Works Visit to The Plant had brand new 58s parked by the gates!

I was shedded darn sarf in EMU territory at this time and so missed all this lovely sector action and was not reallocated to 36E until 2003 when another era of rather dull uniformity had reappeared - pah! Of course now all this 80s stuff is almost heritage operation!

Anyhow, my little layout is supposed to cover early 60s/Transition, through TOPS to early 80s, but having seen all this recent info and admired your work and others (e.g.) Diesels in the Duchy, I am minded to extend my eras to late 80s, so thanks. This means there is serious danger of having to buy more loco's :read:

P @ 36E

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived