ESU 52400 LokSound DCC 8 Pin Sound Decoder Problem

cornishmick

Hi i have just instaled a ESU 52400 LokSound DCC 8 Pin Sound Decoder it run for about 20mins and then i turned everything off went for a cup of tea and when i came back Nothing No sound No movement Just Nothing and a Overload on the controller which would not clear untill i took the loco off the track.

i took the decoder out of the train and put the DC blank back in to see if the loco would run on DC which it did so i then put the sound decoder into another train and it done the same Nothing just Overload Whats going on? Im so dissapointed as its took a while to save up the money to have one and i was so pleased for the first 20mins i just dont understand it as the decoder has no signs of damage there was plenty of room for the decoder allthe wires are in tacked and it wasnt hot>

Please would someone help has my decoder die affter 20mins?

Im not a happy chappy

Mike :scared:

Hi i have just instaled a ESU 52400 LokSound DCC 8 Pin Sound Decoder it run for about 20mins and then i turned everything off went for a cup of tea and when i came back Nothing No sound No movement Just Nothing and a Overload on the controller which would not clear untill i took the loco off the track.

i took the decoder out of the train and put the DC blank back in to see if the loco would run on DC which it did so i then put the sound decoder into another train and it done the same Nothing just Overload Whats going on? Im so dissapointed as its took a while to save up the money to have one and i was so pleased for the first 20mins i just dont understand it as the decoder has no signs of damage there was plenty of room for the decoder allthe wires are in tacked and it wasnt hot>

Please would someone help has my decoder die affter 20mins?

Im not a happy chappy

Mike :scared:

Not sure here. Suggest speaking to who you purchased it from for an exchange. Have you tried another decoder in the original loco? Just in case there is a fault on the loco which has affected the sound decoder. Sound like a short, are / were the speaker wires trapped between the body & chassis/ or just touching the chassis causing a short and the decoder to blow!

Archived