Pontefract Model Railway Show 26 -27 January

Koyli

Normanton & Pontefract RMS will be holding our 44th exhibition at NEW College, Park Lane, Pontefract WF8 4QR. Full details from the website: www.nprms.org

Saturday 26th January 2013 10:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday 27th January 10:00am - 4:30pm

All adults £5, accompanied children under 16 free. Includes complimentary show guide.

Layouts attending:

Menasha (HO)
St Marnock Engine Shed & Ladeside Depot (O)
Torcy (SNCF) (HO)
Bradstone Quarry (OO)
Fisherrow Yard (O)
Victoria Road (OO)
Alford Yard (OO)
Crumley & Little Wickhill (OO9)
Cuyahoga (Z)
Yeomans Quay (O)
Tremore Cornwall (OO)
Potterbourne (OO)
Livsey Lane (OO)
Pharcambe Hall (OO)
Bishops Bridge (N)
Woodfield Road (EM)
Lego Layout
Outon Road (OO)
Bad Boderen (HO)

Also modelling demonstrations from Charlie Sheen, Bob Dawson and North Turton O Gauge Group. Wide range of traders attending. Cafe. Disabled access.

Looking forward to cracking Outon Road out of its cosy storage for this in what is actually probably the last chance to see Outon Road on the circuit for a while due to the good lady and pivotal Outon crew member's pending child birth and hence no further shows for the layout booked as yet.

Don't forget to say hi if you pop along!!

Cav

Guest 40-something

Looking forward to cracking Outon Road out of its cosy storage for this in what is actually probably the last chance to see Outon Road on the circuit for a while due to the good lady and pivotal Outon crew member's pending child birth and hence no further shows for the layout booked as yet.

Don't forget to say hi if you pop along!!

Cav

Hi Cav

Will you have your 318 with you? I'll be there as part of the operating team on St Marnock

Starting to come together there Hugh. Be even better once the scenics start to go on. Are you planning on a photo backscene?

Cav

Hi

Yes Id backscene at the ready, using the warehouse one as this is one of the main features got my idea of ratio concrete panel fence all along back with bushes each side.

Hugh

Ill underline this one in the diary - Another fine show in the West Riding with an adjacent Railway Station :) Or even a chance to actually use a train to Baghill station and have a walk through Ponte

I'd recommend the latter. If the weather's OK (cold but bright last year), a pleasant walk of just over a mile through Pontefract's licorice-scented air through the street market area (stocking up on walking-socks). Only one usable train each way between Sheffield and Baghill on a Saturday (arrive 10.00, leave 15.38) though. More trains to/from Tanhill. A friendly show with a good range of layouts (including Ian Futers' current offering) and trade.

(Edited for punctuation)

I shall certainly stroll over and take a squiz Hugh. Time period suit me to a tee.

Cav

Hi Cav

Had a good weekend on layout might get two night on layout this week (if I am lucky) but wife at work next weekend so most of weekend starting the fencing and detail bits

well its thanks to you for rekindling my intrest in sector period.

Anyway a few shots as I said ratio concrete fence along back and Knightwing security fencing around nuclear transfer yard.

Hugh

post-7432-0-43569600-1355688487.jpg

post-7432-0-63413300-1355688499.jpg

post-7432-0-48384300-1355688515.jpg

post-7432-0-59583000-1355688537.jpg

Looking very good Hugh. Amazing how the backscene just happens to fit the photos you have taken! Looking forward to having a squiz at the show. Glad to have rekindled the sector period fire for you mate. Lots of traction variation and various colours to choose from for added interest, great period in my opinion.

Cav

As a last outing for myself and Outon Road for the forseeable future it would be great to give a nod to a few RMwebbers at the show. I will certainly be popping over for a chat with you at some point over the weekend.

Cav

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Layout all coming together so if you want to see this and a lot of other better layouts come along to our exhibition.

Please note some of the stock used on the layout photos were only used as close at hand?

Hugh

nice crane Hugh!!! get a bit of weight on the hook to straigten the "cables" out :-)

Hi

The numbers are on my list to do only 3 flask wagons needed also need a day for sound chip fitting (only 2 locos)  and weathering of locos and stock.

About 2 more days and layout should be finished and ready for show.(bit more grass , point levers to fit paint canopy fit lights)

Finished building and painting relay boxes ,pallets,drums tonight.

Archived