Finney A3 - Spearmint

Christian

Hi Christian,

Been too busy to progress Knight of Thistle recently but have to say that your work on the streamlined tender is superb. Knight of Thistle as we discussed much earlier in the year will also be in its final livery of BR green (heavily weathered most likely) with the GNR coal rail tender - which I will start during the Xmas holidays!

Keep up the beautiful work. Look forward to seeing it finished.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

Hard to believe that it has been 6 months since I last posted on here, where does the time go?

Well, for me it has been a busy 2011 so I have had little time for modelling but recently I have found a little spare time to continue with Spearmint and try and get her finished.

As you will have seen in previous posts, the finishing line is well within sight with just the last few detail parts to fit. I have been taking photos of the process as usual and will post them here in due course.

What I do need is some decent photos of the prototype. I have a couple good books but the pictures are mainly of the whole locomotive and not very useful as a reference for the detail parts I still have to fit.

Can anyone help me out with decent photos, perhaps some close up photos of Flying Scotsman? or is there a photo website I could visit where I might find some?

Any help here would be really useful.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

Hard to believe that it has been 6 months since I last posted on here, where does the time go?

Well, for me it has been a busy 2011 so I have had little time for modelling but recently I have found a little spare time to continue with Spearmint and try and get her finished.

As you will have seen in previous posts, the finishing line is well within sight with just the last few detail parts to fit. I have been taking photos of the process as usual and will post them here in due course.

What I do need is some decent photos of the prototype. I have a couple good books but the pictures are mainly of the whole locomotive and not very useful as a reference for the detail parts I still have to fit.

Can anyone help me out with decent photos, perhaps some close up photos of Flying Scotsman? or is there a photo website I could visit where I might find some?

Any help here would be really useful.

Thanks in advance

Christian,

Your best bet would be to whizz up to York NRM and grab 4473 in wartime black, I think she is still there on display but for how long I don't know, I am hoping to get there next week (automobile issues) for some detail shots of the Princess Coronation and EM1, it I do get there and it is still there will happily bang off a load of photos if you can be more specific which areas your interested in.

Kindest

Michael

Addendum, try these sites http://www.flickr.com/groups/flyingscotsman/pool/ http://www.flickr.com/groups/nationalrailwaymuseum/pool/

Hi Christian,

Glad to see you back, six months, how time flys!! I was at the NRM yesterday and I'm pretty sure she's not there. Winston Churchill is in the workshop and the warehouse side is shut until the end of July. The last I heard she was at Bury, not sure though to be honest. If she does go back to the NRM soon let me know and i'll be happy to grab some pictures for you if you like. Failing this try this website below, these lot will definately help you out with what you're after i'm sure, looking forward to seeing Spearmint finished

http://www.lner.info/forums/

Best regards Mick

• 4 months later...

Archived