BRM January 2013 issue

SteveCole

Maybe not Mikkel, but Cuneo's mouse was definitely on ex-GWR metals (and now I suspect I've lost almost everyone) :laughclear:

First time I took my wife and youngest son to NRM there was a Cuneo exhibition on, we spent ages looking for the mice, and I bought a book to keep him quiet in the car home. Brilliant Painter

I bought the magazine today, mainly on the strength of this thread as I'm not a regular reader. Very impressive, particularly Hudson Road (which I remember seeing in the flesh a few years back - made me feel chilly). I also was much taken with Millwall Goods & Arnold Lane, which is a fabulous piece of modelling. Incidentally, the spine of the mag refers to it as Millwall Gods - is someone a fan of Millwall FC?

Thought the review of the Hornby B17 was very good too, and the photos show off the handsome loco to its best advantage.

I'm not a regular BRM reader - I probably only buy 1 copy a year, if that. As a fan of Wells Green and MI I decided to pick up a copy and have to say I'm very impressed - a great issue! I do agree with some of the comments about MI but I think it was well worth trying in a different format as it is hard to vote or have an opinion when you haven't seen both alternatives. I would personally prefer a mix of landscape/portrait to get the best of a mix of images. Overall this issue contains a great mix of modelling eras and interest and all of a high quality!

As an added bonus, I've put the photos from the weathering article on my blog here:

http://www.rmweb.co....-oils-pictures/

Thanks Martin, now I've had chance to read the article in full its usefulness is exceptional (in conjunction with the the TEA article in MI) especially when I can get a decent look at the finer detail in the blog images. I definitely will make a point of picking up some water-soluble oils and having a play. That 37 is one of the most subtle examples; superb.

Just rigged up a little competition for buyers of the mag this month.

If you can spot a certain 'celeb' somewhere in MI inside BRM and email me at info@rmweb.co.uk ( and put MI Skaledale comp in the email subject line) and tell me what page number it appears on I'll stick you in a draw for a selection of Skaledale buildings. We'll do the draw on New Year's Eve so get your entries in before then,

Who is the bright spark who thought up the ridiculous idea of only enclosing a free DVD with magazines sold in WH Smiths and supermarkets ? What happens to everyone else when the connection to the wireless download thing disapears ? What happens to overseas purchasers ?

Everyone pays the same price (in the case of overseas purchasers, a VASTLY over inflated price) so why are some treated like 2nd class citizens ?

Railway Modeller managers to supply it's free DVD's to EVERYONE worldwide, why is BRM's technology so vastly inferior as not to allow this. ???

The answer is the same this month as it was last month Frank. As an overseas reader you still have the opportunity to watch the video online.

There's nothing inferior about BRM's technology but there are commercial considerations. We could send DVDs to everyone all over the world but guess what? It increases costs.

Who is the bright spark who thought up the ridiculous idea of only enclosing a free DVD with magazines sold in WH Smiths and supermarkets ? What happens to everyone else when the connection to the wireless download thing disapears ? What happens to overseas purchasers ?

Everyone pays the same price (in the case of overseas purchasers, a VASTLY over inflated price) so why are some treated like 2nd class citizens ?

Railway Modeller managers to supply it's free DVD's to EVERYONE worldwide, why is BRM's technology so vastly inferior as not to allow this. ???

Frank - if you'd like a copy of the DVD PM me your address and I'll send you one.

• RMweb Gold

Looking like a cracking magazine but I've looked in most shops around Coventry and WH Smiths at Birmingham New Street and they haven't got a copy of it yet !! what am I going to do as I don't really want to download the magazine as it's a bit difficult while I'm working trains between Birmingham and Northampton !! :scratchhead:

• Administrators

Looking like a cracking magazine but I've looked in most shops around Coventry and WH Smiths at Birmingham New Street and they haven't got a copy of it yet !! what am I going to do as I don't really want to download the magazine as it's a bit difficult while I'm working trains between Birmingham and Northampton !! :scratchhead:

I'll PM you a list of shops around the Coventry area that stock the magazine.

Did someone say my name and ridiculous? I get the blame for everthing. :)

I picked up the last copy from my local smiffs and no CD. Ah well! So I watched the video on-line while eating my cheap chocolates. Yummy.

• Administrators

Did someone say my name and ridiculous? I get the blame for everthing. :)

I picked up the last copy from my local smiffs and no CD. Ah well! So I watched the video on-line while eating my cheap chocolates. Yummy.

PM your address and I'll happily sort.

Thanks,

Steve

Archived