Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

Small additional details, Polak and Modelscene bushes added today. A few more spruce trees from GModels also arrived, once the MBR trees arrive I will use the spruce trees a little more sparingly all over the layout. 
Track base sprayed with Howes Sleeper Grime.

EE1A968B-60C1-4C02-8876-E7B1B58397F4.jpeg

7A573B16-DCE6-49D8-B736-59199D4EBFDC.jpeg

• Like 10

Repositioning a few trees last night. Another forest in a box kit ordered this time I’ll use these as individual trees to fill in along the back to blend in to the backscene. Until the MBR trees arrive none of the current trees are permanently fixed.

C729F778-E7EF-4A2E-8417-41A50A147C09.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lankyandy said:

Thats really starting to come together. Starting to get the impression of depth. 
those home grown tree really look good 

Thanks,  I’m happy with the progress it looks great from 4’ away.  Still need to add the scrub in and around the trees plus some additional vegetation.  

• steve fay changed the title to Stephen Fay’s layouts and diorama’s ( Sonning Cutting )

A little splash of colour. There will be plenty of scrub type bramble blackberry bushes to hide the join from scenic board to backscene but my preferred supplier ( Polak ) are currently out of stock.  I do have some coming from MBR along with another 20 trees but I’m guessing that order will be a month or two away yet.

DE15C1F2-3709-4EE7-9437-1C500B1A08AB.jpeg

• Like 2

One of my trees was looking a little undernourished in the foliage department so I’ve given it a coating of the same noch 2.5mm summer meadow grass.  I think it’s come up very nice.  I’ll be doing a few more like this. Blends in better with the printed trees on the backscene as well

85C04A11-63C1-46DF-9647-6588E56B5053.jpeg

• Like 8

On 19/02/2021 at 13:45, steve fay said:

A delivery today from MBR of their superb trees!  Also a full forest in a box set flocked up and added along the rear plus the backscene has been glued in place.  Even got my self a hot glue gun !

4E7B76AD-AF79-4793-99A7-EB670EEF6FC6.png

I'm fairly sure I've been in those trees loads of times when playing golf at Sonning.....I'm sure the trains must get hit occasionally as the line is so close to  the course....;)

A really lovely piece of work....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1