Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

Made up a simple platform surface for the new station project, this will have a brick face added and a laser cut slab platform top. 
The black line represents were the footbridge and overall roof will go providing the main scenic break.

IMG_8677.png

IMG_8674.jpeg

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

A rough mock up of the road level booking office and the steps that will serve it plus the eventual pedestrian bridge that will run along side the low relief girder bridge. 
The next project to get underway shortly will be Kirton Lindsey tunnel on the GCR in Lincolnshire. I collected the tunnel mouth from Monks Gate Models 

IMG_8755.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Torri laser cut bridge sides arrived today,  these will be sandwiched between plastruct truss sections plus rivet detail from

slaters sheets and the resin girder sections. 
this will go behind the footbridge on St Stephens general station.  

IMG_8835.jpeg

IMG_8834.jpeg

• Like 6

• steve fay changed the title to Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

The last details added to the KESR diorama, another pair of road signs for the opposite side of the crossing. 
The first day on the Kirton Lindsey project, the board framed up and the track laid over a printed plan so we have the correct 60’ panels and the cutting sides carved out of polystyrene. 

IMG_8904.jpeg

IMG_8903.jpeg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

The footbridge for Aneurin bridge assembled as well this weekend. This is a mock up of how it will look with the Road girder behind. 
At the Newport o gauge show yesterday Box tunnel was on display 

IMG_8952.jpeg

IMG_8943.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Whilst at the show I picked up a Minerva Felix Pole 21ton mineral. They have Blaenavon ones available. I had 10 of these in OO gauge many years back so it’s a little nostalgic for me. Blaenavon being local as well.  But as I model BR it can’t stay as it is. 
here’s where I am so far 

IMG_8944.jpeg

IMG_8950.jpeg

• Like 9