'Abbot's Bridge' (72G)

georgeT

• RMweb Premium

I'm another one sorry to see it go - I've picked up quite a few nice tips on my popping-ins.

But 00?  Now you're talking....if you get cracking on this, keep us all posted.  I, for one, will be interested to see your talents come to life in this gauge and to see what I can pick up for Great West Road.  I've roughly rejigged the plan of the branch platform end.  I now need to see if the rest of it fits the rest of the baseboard so I've still got a long way to go - though the current plans may be tooooooo interesting [...er....busy/complicated/other/delete as necessary].

Keep up the good work, George :locomotive: :locomotive:

:fan: :fan: :fan: :fan:  Any progress on your part will be watched with interest. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

All the best

Polly

Hello Polly,  Thank's for the kind word's, l think it's a case of '00' here we come, if you want a shed full of loco's then don't go down the '0' gauge road, it will cost a small fortune, and year's of hard work, if you decide to build them as well, as l have found out, l have a nice collection of '0' gauge locomotives now, and will continue to build them now and again, also l have build a little test track 6' x 14" with four points on just to test run on.

Glad to hear you are still building your shed layout, looking forward to the progress, also l am looking forward to meeting you and Ray at the midland show, we can have a nice cup of coffee (Bodgit's paying) and a chat....GT

Hi Duncan, Theres a thought ? no l don't think so, 'N' gauge is just too small for me, l know you can do a lot, but no, l am still looking for ideas on a small through station somewhere on the S&D, single track, two tracks in the station then back to single track, where l can run some ex-Southern, ex- GWR and BR standards so a lot to think about, no engine shed, just a small platform with a nice building on and a spur to a goods shed, with plenty of scenery, 

Also l have built a small test bed layout  in 0' gauge 5'6" x 14" with four  points on, to see how loco's run over points etc, as l say l am still building 0 gauge loco's just not having a layout,....GT

PS Hows your sratch building going on ?

Hi George

The scratch building has taken a back seat for the past few months due to other commitments. I'm hoping to resume Oxted Park, scratch building and modifications before the end of the month.

Duncan

Hello Bodge,  What a crackin' name never thought of a name for my plank, so 'Plankton' sound's good to me, well l have put the ballast on and now waiting for it all to dry, should have some picture's soon, no building's just floor cover, something to run my 0 gauge on.......GT

Hello Bodge,  What a crackin' name never thought of a name for my plank, so 'Plankton' sound's good to me, well l have put the ballast on and now waiting for it all to dry, should have some picture's soon, no building's just floor cover, something to run my 0 gauge on.......GT

Payment for name use payable to the Mighty Bodgit.

Bodgit the Great :sungum:

P.S. Pics pleases :O

Morning Don / Bodgit,  Well l guess its the end of another chapter in my modelling history as 'Abbot's Bridge'  has gone now and l need another project, at the moment l am building a test track for my 0 gauge, and has a rolling road built in, l have just finished all the ballasting, and l will call it 'Plankton' (Thanks to Bodgit, the cheque is in the post me old mate).....GT

• 1 month later...

l know this thread is dead and gone, but thought l would show how 'Abbot's Bridge' is doing, well Mark has a layout called 'Holker' and it is in his garage and fixed (not portable) all he wanted was the shed and buildings and some of the track, we have modified the shed to fit into what he has.

GeorgeT

post-7716-0-73962800-1379351192_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-78475800-1379351196_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-29059800-1379351201_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-24270900-1379351217_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-82387300-1379351221_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-07170900-1379351227_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-61183300-1379351242_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-94601300-1379351247_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-61689200-1379351262_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-93820900-1379351274_thumb.jpg

Archived