Hornby 08 DCC Sound with Zimo MX648

Napa1985

Here is my second loco, an 08 for which I have to fit the body. This contrasts with the 09 in that it has a whistle (so typical if an 08) and wooden doors.

Paul's sound files have loads of options, allowing you to properly 'drive' the loco. You also control the brake sound using F2 which, for me, gives more prototypical braking sounds.

There is even a sound for the windscreen wipers.

I absolutely love these and am looking forward to properly driving them on my small exhibition layout.

Loads of thanks to Paul, who has been an immense help.

Ignore my amateur camera work at the end!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have fitted Zimo sound decoder produced by Paul Chetter and a express lighting kit I can't get the red led to light because I need to remap function buttons to light them I have cab light and both front and rear white leds working when the loco is in forward or reverse can anyone help

I have fitted Zimo sound decoder produced by Paul Chetter and a express lighting kit I can't get the red led to light because I need to remap function buttons to light them I have cab light and both front and rear white leds working when the loco is in forward or reverse can anyone help

The standard ActiveDrive Class 08 sound project from Digitrains should already have Function Outputs 1 and 2 assigned to tail lights, using  F20 so what would be required would be to wire up the LEDs to the correct FOs.

The lighting PCBs may not be set up for 4 function lighting *

How to do this will depend upon the decoder type used. Please reveal the decoder model designation and I can advise further.

Kind regards,

Paul

*  if you are certain that you have wired the tail lamp LEDs correctly to FOs 1 and 2, then ensure that CVs 436 = 20, 438 = 2 and 440 = 1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived