The London Festival of Railway Modelling

BRMExhibitions

We are delighted to announce that booking is open for The London Festival of Railway Modelling at the iconic venue Alexandra Palace.

This is London's leading railway modelling show where BRMexhibitions and The Model Railway Club work in conjunction to bring together a fantastic show with 40 layouts, 100 exhibitors and more! 2013 will also see the 20th anniversary of British Railway Modelling Magazine so come along and help us celebrate

Click here to book your tickets now to enjoy some great benefits!

We'll be posting regular updates over the coming months on some of the features we've got planned.

We hope to see you at the Show!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

As I grew up and started my spotting in Banbury I've followed the thread on Banbury with interest. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I hope to have a few more details added to Banbury by then. Also hoping the Farish 70's will be out in tim for the show.

ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

We now have some exciting demonstrations confirmed at The London Festival of Railway Modelling. 

The demonstrations will be FREE and from a range of experts and exhibitors covering a wide range of modelling activities, gauges and scales from 'Building O Gauge Coaching' to 'Model Tree Construction' to 'Painting and Lining'. Experts at the show include Steve Banks, Jacqui Perrat, Adrian Prescot and The Scalefour Society.

The show is organised in conjunction with The Model Railway Club who will also be running demonstrations at the show, sharing ideas and answering any questions.

More information on the demonstrations is available on The London Festival of Railway Modelling webpage.

We'll also carry on posting the latest news and information from the show here so don't forget to keep checking back!

Good evening.

Last night, and again just now, I tried to buy tickets for the London Festival of Railway Modelling at Alexandra Palace online.

I duly went to the Model-Railways-Live website and logged in.

I followed the link to 'Buy tickets here' only to be asked to log in again. OK, so I logged in again.

Scrolled down the page to the actual ticket section and it says BRM subscribers can have 2 cheaper tickets - so where's the box indicating how many I want? There are boxes for adults, children and family tickets - but no box for subscribers tickets.

Has anyone ordered subscriber tickets online? If so, please tell me where.

Many thanks.

We are delighted to annouce the full list of layouts attending The London Festival of Railway Modelling. More information including pictures is available on the show homepage and in the next issue of BRM.

82G        O
Aberdeen Kirkhill T&RSD             OO
Amberdale              OO
Antwerpen Oostkaai         HO
Asenby St Peter      O
Banbury                N
Billton Works                 TT
Black Country Blues               EM
Copenhagen Fields            2mm FS
Dinas (NWNGR)           8mm
Dubbieside                       S4
Duke Street (Hornby Dublo 2 Rail)      OO
Essex Belt Lines                   HO
Franklin                                 On2
Goldmire Quarry                 G
Gweek North Quay                 O-16.5
Happisburgh Goods            O
Hope Beringar              N
Horton Regis           O
Hospital Gates     O
Imperial Yard           N
Johannesdorf         Oe
Kinmundy                    P4
Lacey Dale              N
Leavesden (Kent)          O
Lelant Mixed Gauge The St Ives Branch 1888 - 1892         O
Malix                          HOm
Menasha WI                   HO
Meopham East Junction         OO
Niederfell                           N
Portchullin                          P4
Q Dump                        1:35 16.5
St Georges Pit                O
Stoke Summit                 OO
The Trench                    OO9
Timpdon Lake Railway     16MM
Valleyfields                      EM
Walkers Ridge                   HO
Wansbeck Road 2FS              2mm FS
Wisbech and Upwell Tramway             OO

In the lead up to the show we'll carry on posting more updates on some of the fantastic features we've got planned and the latest news from the show.

Don't forget pre-booking closes at 9am Friday 15 March and by booking your tickets in advance you can save up to £2.00 on admission plus enter the show half an hour early!

As there is currently no description for my demo on the web-site..

i will be demonstrating 'finer modelling' to 148th scale, inc one of the boards from my new S148 Ni layout.. Aston Magna, 

I'd be pleased to expand more on this to visitors,.. 

cheers,

Mark Henshaw

I'm not aware of any show ever imposing an additional charging for demonstrations... :scratchhead:

No but it is convention for some types of show to charge for some theatre sessions. Not railway modelling though.

Pre-booking for The London Festival of Railway Modelling closes at 9am on Friday 15th March this means there is less than one week left to get advanced tickets to the event.

Don't forget advanced ticket holders can save up to £2.00 on admission and gain 30 mins early entry into the show to take advantage of the special offers or find a prime position near a must see layout. Tickets can be booked online or by calling 01778 391123 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm).

... mine too. Thanks for sorting out my issue Carolyn. Found the BRM waiting for me too ... which helped ease the 3 hr drive to cover 4 miles this evening. Oh I love the way we brits show how we cope with this winter weather - yes, it's still winter - March 20 Spring. Deal with it!

Sorry... I'm tired. Where that mag!

Archived