The London Festival of Railway Modelling

BRMExhibitions

I'm coming down by train from the Potteries with 3 pals on the Saturday.

Is there a proposed meet up scheduled , or have those sort of official things melted away these days as RMwebbers have got to know each other.?

Hi everyone

Check out the New This Year tab on The London Festival of Railway Modelling homepage to see the latest new products, show offers and more which will be available at the show.

PLUS don't forget pre-booking closes at 9am Friday 15th March so there is not long left to book your tickets and take advantage of the great benefits! Tickets can be booked online here or by calling 01778 391123 (Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm).

does anyone know if it's literally doors closed at 5:00pm (4:30pm Sunday), or is that the last time for admissions?

I ask as I would only be able to get 90 minutes or so there if the show closes at those times, which is probably not worth it. :(

That will be doors closed as exhibitors have to get out to their accommodation on Sat and pack up and home on Sunday.

Cheers, Mike

thought that might be the case but wanted to check. thanks.

however, this may be more like it:

"That will be doors closed as exhibitors have to find a good pub get out to their accommodation on Sat and pack up and home on Sunday." :D

and why not! :)

It's with substantial regret that I'm not going to be at Ally Pally this weekend as I've got an infection after a bad dose of the 'flu. I'll particularly regret not seeing BCB together again and I'm feeling more than a tad guilty that I won't be in the lecture theatre for the photo talk but the show does go on with Old Gringo stepping into the breach to deliver 'The Story of the Blues'. OG and the memory stick have just left here with one of the BCB boards (where I've failed to get the canal finished to the point I wanted to!).

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll just have to tidy up the workbench instead.

• RMweb Gold

It's with substantial regret that I'm not going to be at Ally Pally this weekend as I've got an infection after a bad dose of the 'flu. I'll particularly regret not seeing BCB together again and I'm feeling more than a tad guilty that I won't be in the lecture theatre for the photo talk but the show does go on with Old Gringo stepping into the breach to deliver 'The Story of the Blues'. OG and the memory stick have just left here with one of the BCB boards (where I've failed to get the canal finished to the point I wanted to!).

I hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll just have to tidy up the workbench instead.

We're not going to Ally Pally as we had Nottingham last weekend and York next but you have my sympathy Andy. I've been holed up in bed all week with that bug and, as I'm sure Kim will testify, I'm not the best of patients!

Jerry

I'm coming down by train from the Potteries with 3 pals on the Saturday.

Is there a proposed meet up scheduled , or have those sort of official things melted away these days as RMwebbers have got to know each other.?

Hi Bob.

Come and say hello, I'll be helping Martin and his team out on Kinmundy.

Ray.

• RMweb Premium

but the show does go on with Old Gringo stepping into the breach to deliver 'The Story of the Blues'. OG and the memory stick have just left here with one of the BCB boards .

Please somebody video it!

Andy... hope you feel better soon. But having just seen the weather forecast, I'd suggest you stay in the warm. ... and to all exhibitors and traders headed to "t'smoke" tomorrow... take care, it looks like winter's not over yet and there's plenty of snow forecast for the Midlands. Good luck... and hope you make it down (or across or up) safely.

• RMweb Gold

Andy... hope you feel better soon. But having just seen the weather forecast, I'd suggest you stay in the warm. ... and to all exhibitors and traders headed to "t'smoke" tomorrow... take care, it looks like winter's not over yet and there's plenty of snow forecast for the Midlands. Good luck... and hope you make it down (or across or up) safely.

And snow forecast for the London area overnight Friday/Saturday as well, gradually working southwards from the Midlands according to this evening's London area forecast on the Beeb.

Very sorry not to be seeing Andy & Jerry there but assuming we visitors can get up the hill I hope it turns out as a good day for the rest of us and the exhibitors.

Last week, somewhat tongue in cheek, I suggested to my wife I could use the East Coast reward points we've built up over the last 18 months to get a freebie ticket to London for a day trip to Ally Pally as I missed Model Rail in the SECC with her last bout of illness......

...my flabber was truly gasted when she said, "good idea, why don't you, you deserve it" :-)

So (mini!!) rucksack packed with camera and ipad and ready to go, for a relaxing day of trains and model trains, lol! Sat, 06:20 ex Waverley and 17:00 ex Kings Cross :-)

Angus

I will be on the Wild Swan stand all weekend come over and say hello even better buy some books.

David

Got any good books on 2mm scale? :P

Anyway, Im there on Saturday sitting on the 2mm SA stand. Probably getting a bit done on Elvis if everything goes to plan.

Missy :)

And snow forecast for the London area overnight Friday/Saturday as well, gradually working southwards from the Midlands according to this evening's London area forecast on the Beeb.

Very sorry not to be seeing Andy & Jerry there but assuming we visitors can get up the hill I hope it turns out as a good day for the rest of us and the exhibitors.

Mike, Can you and Ian L. be my eyes and ears at the show?

Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather Andy (Y) - sounds like being in bed for this weekend in England is the best place.........

Yes, we have heard about the bad weather in the UK over here in Gotham City. Don't fret we're getting yet another Winter Storm on Monday, blisss...............

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather Andy (Y) - sounds like being in bed for this weekend in England is the best place.........

Yes, we have heard about the bad weather in the UK over here in Gotham City. Don't fret we're getting yet another Winter Storm on Monday, blisss...............

Best, Pete.

Will try my best Pete but can't promise too much in the way of pics as it tends to get a bit crowded for that.

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there, as I don't know many RMwebbers by sight I will be wearing a green baseball cap with my name on it (Phil) so please feel free to come up and say hello (or hide from me if that is your preference).

• RMweb Gold

Best, Pete.

Will do my best to get some photos.

Exssex Belt Lines whihc is a large HO modular USA layout (you might have seen Warbonnets thread on it) wont be far from us. I hope to have my CSX Genset CV values sorted out in time to run on it if they have a spare slot.

Ian

Archived