The London Festival of Railway Modelling

BRMExhibitions

• RMweb Premium

Snowing in the East Mids, hope it holds off sufficiently to enable a straightforward journey to be undertaken. Fingers crossed.

Mike.

The Tamworth / Ashby area seems to be on the boundary of the rain / snow line. We have wet mush but there's more snow the further North you go. 

Snowing in the East Mids, hope it holds off sufficiently to enable a straightforward journey to be undertaken. Fingers crossed.

Mike.

Good luck Mike.., traffic reports don't sound too good from your neck of the woods; just make sure you find time to let Brian and you stop for a latte or two on the way down  B)  Keep warm, drive easy, stay safe.

• RMweb Premium

The forecast for tomorrow is for heavy snow in the London area, slightly better on Sunday. I'm only an hours drive away, but am considering not going at all, and I've pre-booked tickets x 2. We'll wait and see as these forecasts can be incorrect as the areas affected can change very easily annd quickly. Just keep up to date with events on the ground in real time if you can.

It could be a trying weekend for everyone.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I'll be going on Saturday. I won't be driving (well only as far as the nearest station). I thought there may have been weekend works on the C2C line up to London but the message was about their response to weekend crowding (they will use longer trains this weekend).

If for any reason I do have to walk up the hill at Alexandra Palace I'll be looking for a cup of tea and somewhere to sit first!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Hi Tony,

I suppose that's an option with a "One day travel card" from Upminster, I can drive there hopefully. I'm worried about getting there and finding a lot of missing exhibits and traders. Can't blame them of course if the weather prevents them making it. It's a shame so much depends on the weather, even indoor activities.

We thought last year was a bad year weather wise. So far it isn't looking good for this one either.

Rob 

• RMweb Premium

The weather forecast seems to change every ten minutes.  The Met Office don't have a clue where this rain/snow is actually going to fall it would seem!!!

Hi All,

I am not a million miles away from Ali Palli as I write this and it is a snow free environment. I have had word from the Birmingham area that the snow is very light and shouldn't put anyone off. I hope this helps!

All the best,

Castle

Just a reminder for those travelling by train on the GN route (Kings Cross).

Finsbury Park has a direct bus service W3 (about 35 mins journey) from stop B (West side entrance, the Underground one), to the door at Ally Pally. There are more services by train to Finsbury Park, though the same bus also serves Alexandra Palace staion on the GN line, but only the local train services call there. Grumpy Old Git cards are valid! Saves a long walk up the hill.

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Just a reminder for those travelling by train on the GN route (Kings Cross).

Finsbury Park has a direct bus service W3 (about 35 mins journey) from stop B (West side entrance, the Underground one), to the door at Ally Pally. There are more services by train to Finsbury Park, though the same bus also serves Alexandra Palace staion on the GN line, but only the local train services call there. Grumpy Old Git cards are valid! Saves a long walk up the hill.

Stewart

Ally Pally on the GN does have a reasonably frequent train service although sometimes a newly disgorged trainload can overwhelm the 'bus service (be it either the exhibition freebie one or the LT service 'bus although the latter is frequent enough not to cause worries, and 'have Oyster can ride' of course ;) ).

• Administrators

We're ready!!! If you make it to the show (the weather here is fine at the moment and the forecast isn't too bad - fingers crossed!), please come and say hi!

post-14186-0-14285900-1363969017.jpg

We have a great subs offer too...

post-14186-0-32973300-1363969048.jpg

Steve

Guest jim s-w

Hi All,

I am not a million miles away from Ali Palli as I write this and it is a snow free environment. I have had word from the Birmingham area that the snow is very light and shouldn't put anyone off. I hope this helps!

All the best,

Castle

Erm its been a blizzard for the last 2 hours! 

• RMweb Premium

Hoping to make it tomorrow, got me rail ticket, but it is blowing a blizzard at present and the forecast is it to continue snowing till 6:00 on Saturday morning.

Serves me right for buying a wrinkly LM ticket

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Weather forecast is that the snow will be moving south and will reach Ally Pally at around opening time. The good news is that its only going to last about a couple of hours. But it will be bitterly cold so winter drawers on. :unsure:

• RMweb Premium

The weather forecast seems to have changed yet again.  Why doesn't the Met Office just be honest and admit they haven't a clue what is going on?

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. I'll be on the MRC stand tackling some NMT coaches and fitting sound into a Bachmann 20! 

Say hello if you're passing!

Chris in soggy London

Archived