Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

RMweb Christmas Cards

Andy Y

Seasonal Greetings to all ;) does Mod4 get wrapped up in the festivities ;)

I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed. The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million: they were the worst, too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that, I went into a bit of a decline.

I acknowledge Yule along with other ancient festivals; they are still just as relevant today marking the turning of seasons and years.

I also acknowledge those whose beliefs do not include Christmas.

When I came to Australia I found it of interest to note that Christmas is observed in a Euro-merican style where cards usually feature midwinter scenes of snow-clad pine forests and frozen lakes. Santa still wears a thick red fur-lined coat despite the fact that it is mid summer here and the temperature can reach above 40C. The concept of Christmas cards with beach-goers swilling ice-cold beer around the barbecue either on the beach or in a hot dusty landscape just doesn't seem to have taken hold.

And on December 21st it will be Beltane, not Yule.

But just think of my eldest daughter and her partner, who live in Adelaide. They are eschewing the sun and barbies to come and spend Christmas with us in a damp, cold UK. Good on them, takes all sorts I suppose!

• RMweb Gold

It’s a cold and bright December Morning as we approach Christmas at Fisherton Sarum and snow lay round about, lightly dusting, crisp and even, although services have so far been largely unaffected (remember when that was the case?).

Best wishes and compliments of the season to all on RMweb...

post-243-0-29231200-1356093359.jpg

• RMweb Premium

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR

from

PENHAYLE BAY

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z273/Gwiwer/Penhayle%20Bay%20Railway/DSCN7112_zps8ab09f14.jpg

Rick, I know you guys downunder like catching the rays but please tell those folk on the beach that they won't get much of a tan off the fairy lights! 

All the best 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

Chris 

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure, knowing the illustrious company we keep, that someone will drop in and tell us how much UV radiation those little LEDs give out.  Then scale it to 1:76 and compare with the 1:1 levels on a typical day .....

...... ah stuff it - it's Christmas and we've got better things to do than count rivets or UV waves ;)

Archived