Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

RMweb Christmas Cards

Andy Y

No card, I'm afraid such technology is beyond me just now. But I believe Christmas should be a time of laughter and would like to leave you with this from the excellent Frank Kelly, better known as Father Jack - yes, he of the famous monosyllabic outbursts (DRINK!) in the equally excellent (GURLLS!) Father Ted series (AR- ) - Thank you, Jack, that will do.

Have a good Christmas and may the New year bring you all you wish and more.

I acknowledge Yule along with other ancient festivals; they are still just as relevant today marking the turning of seasons and years.

I also acknowledge those whose beliefs do not include Christmas.

When I came to Australia I found it of interest to note that Christmas is observed in a Euro-merican style where cards usually feature midwinter scenes of snow-clad pine forests and frozen lakes. Santa still wears a thick red fur-lined coat despite the fact that it is mid summer here and the temperature can reach above 40C. The concept of Christmas cards with beach-goers swilling ice-cold beer around the barbecue either on the beach or in a hot dusty landscape just doesn't seem to have taken hold.

And on December 21st it will be Beltane, not Yule.

• Like 1

I acknowledge Yule along with other ancient festivals; they are still just as relevant today marking the turning of seasons and years.

I also acknowledge those whose beliefs do not include Christmas.

When I came to Australia I found it of interest to note that Christmas is observed in a Euro-merican style where cards usually feature midwinter scenes of snow-clad pine forests and frozen lakes. Santa still wears a thick red fur-lined coat despite the fact that it is mid summer here and the temperature can reach above 40C. The concept of Christmas cards with beach-goers swilling ice-cold beer around the barbecue either on the beach or in a hot dusty landscape just doesn't seem to have taken hold.

And on December 21st it will be Beltane, not Yule.

Litha in the southern hemisphere, surely?

post-5868-0-05654900-1355743452.gif

Bright Blessings,

Edited by 28XX
  • Like 1