fiNetrax

Anglian

A new British Finescale/FiNetrax website has been launched - very professional and lots of interesting new products.

The old website didn't give a very good impression, especially the dormant discussion forum.

The new one was looking better until I looked at their terms and conditions; irrespective of the lack of acquaintance with current consumer law they seem to say that you cannot expect the products to last for more than 14 days as that is the extent of the warranty!

I haven't kept up with this thread but I have just popped back and I am delighted to see that pre-milled blades are now included for the points. This was my main hesitation for the Mk1 kits but I will be seriously looking at trying some of this on my next layout.

• RMweb Gold

A new British Finescale/FiNetrax website has been launched - very professional and lots of interesting new products.

The old website didn't give a very good impression, especially the dormant discussion forum.

Link please. Or at least the address.

• 1 month later...

Went to the website this past weekend, wanting some point templates, and saw the notice the site is being updates, back this week (starting Mar. 1), but nothing yet.

Anyone have any further info?

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I've just received a turnout and a meter of track for a test build in readiness for a layout I'm planning.

I am recording my progress here on my layout planning thread (click the link). I've not seen any other accounts of building one of these kits - so I'm trying to detail each step. It struck me that there has seemed to be a lot of interest in this track system, but as yet I've not seen any completed layouts or any in progress, so I've decided to have a go!

Despite ordering post website refresh I've got the old set up requiring all the soldering and filing of the blades - although the jigs are very reasonable and helpful for this.

I did wonder if we'll start to see the "mark 2" kits once the existing stock of the old version have sold.

Cheers

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One of the magazines featured build of a turnout.

Yes, that was me in Model Rail. It all went together very well. It was one of the original style, with the jigs for filing the crossings. Definitely a product to recommend. My understanding is that there were consistency issues with the Mk2 versions, so for the time being he has gone back to Mk1.

I was impressed, but like David above I have been looking forward to seeing someone actually building a layout using Finetrax.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

• RMweb Gold

I have a large box of the track ready to build, bought a couple of years ago. But I think that I would struggle to get the points to work properly. So I will need to commission someone to build them for me.

Have been considering a simple length of double-track mainline with refuge sidings. But will maybe go for a BLT as space at a premium currently.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

I am recording my progress here on my layout planning thread (click the link). I've not seen any other accounts of building one of these kits - so I'm trying to detail each step. It struck me that there has seemed to be a lot of interest in this track system, but as yet I've not seen any completed layouts or any in progress, so I've decided to have a go!

I've used the plain track on my layout, but I started even before the turnout kits were available (or before there was even a proper website!) so I haven't had the opportunity. If I ever get back to finishing the first one, I'm already thinking about a nice Midland station when the single-slips are available...

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Can anyone update me on the current range available? Like Vanders, the layout I want to build needs single slips.

The website does not seem to show any new items but on Anyrail's library there are many items not shown on the website (although still no single slip and not a #4 diamond either).

Can anyone update me on the current range available? Like Vanders, the layout I want to build needs single slips.

The website does not seem to show any new items but on Anyrail's library there are many items not shown on the website (although still no single slip and not a #4 diamond either).

Have a look on the N Gauge Forum....

• RMweb Gold

Have a look on the N Gauge Forum....

Thanks. There is indeed some good news there about slips.

Still inconsistency between what is listed on the website and the templates available on Anyrail's library.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There appear to be two threads. Found the other one first and don't know which one people follow, so I put the heads-up here as well.

British Finescale has a Kickstarter running to raise funds for flat bottom rail turnouts with concrete sleepers. Rewards are 1 to 3 turnouts of type AV8. 

Edited by MacRat
  • Like 4

Unlike plainline concrete sleepers on S&C is very new - well the last 15 years. For most of the BR period we only had wooden bearers/sleepers with vertical FB track. Presumably the geometry is the same, it just needs a different base.