This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

Test

Andy Y

chrome test

chrome version 23.0.1271.97 m

Thanks Dave, I'm on the same Version 23.0.1271.97 m

The error's obviously a bit more complex to determine than first thought as I still can't post with Chrome.

It looks like 'Array' hasn't found the blogs yet. The VNC pages by entry and by comment both show the correct usernames.

Incidentally, we appear to be back to typing in courier or similar in the reply box and the toggle edit mode button is not working (Firefox 17.0.1). I then pressed send and was told my post is empty, so trying again in the full editor (which does appear to have the right font and working toggle sw

Nick

Test on FirefoxThe Reply to this topic is no longer keeping white space

<br />

<br />

and packing everything together

<br />

<br />

(just like the other broken editor)

<br />

<br />

Which now doesn't even interpret html breaks the way it used to

• RMweb Gold

Dunno about array but it is definitely working very peculiarly on my version of Safari. Although it posts in the correct font that seems to be all that happens - the 'reply'box is in a feint sort of appearance and nothing in it works when I click on it and the text doesn't wrap properly either.

I wonder if typing in a smiley from the keyboard will work - here - ;)

Now that is interesting - the smiley worked when typed in, the text came up as usual when it posted but I still can't do anything in the reply box apart from getting a typewriter style font; no buttons working at all.

Have also now tried closing Safari but that doesn't have any effect either.

There seems to be little consistency between browsers so there's an underlying issue somewhere. I'm more than a bit miffed right now with Invision as I'd asked for this upgrade to be done a couple of days ago. No response. Sure enough they start at it whilst I was out and I come back to a buggered forum and they'd just closed off the ticket for the upgrade so I couldn't respond which means starting a new ticket off. I get a curt reply that it was the skin that was the problem. I knew it wouldn't be the issue as it's just a style edit using their own editor rather than any 3rd party skin. I then have to reinstate the default skin and test it to prove that their weak get-out was nothing of the sort. Since that point two hours ago I've been feeding info through about the behaviour of the issue and not a flaming word of reply. A complete contrast to the exceptionally speedy and friendly folk over at Dediserve who have been stars with the servers and hosting since the move there.

Archived