Everyones called Array

According to my "Content I Follow" folder, the latest post in every thread was made by someone called Array(including mine)!

Obviously I know they're not really, because they all have the various peoples avatars visible (again, including mine) so just wondering if it's a known problem...or have I missed something as usual?

Jon F.

• RMweb Gold

You're lucky. I tried to post this fault at 1500-ish yesterday, and my post wouldn't even work. I've now followed the instructions - to the detriment of much other browsing, of course, where I'll need to sign in unnecessarily all over the place - and it's now alright here. IE9 on Win 7.

Make sure you clear all your history as per Andys instructions on the front page, I had "funnies" until I did that.

Ah..can't as I'm on the wrx computer. Only one I can use at the moment. Looks like my home one is off until next year. No phone or internet all over Christmas and new year due to a knackered underground cable 300yds from my house. Nice. Good job I didn't opt for BTVision...

I'm sorry about this, it's never been necessary before in any of the software updates so I can't understand why there were so many issues yesterday afternoon which will roll on for a few days until people have been back to the site.

There's all sorts of bugs and I didn't even take the first version of the update. :/

• RMweb Gold

Ah..can't as I'm on the wrx computer. Only one I can use at the moment. Looks like my home one is off until next year. No phone or internet all over Christmas and new year due to a knackered underground cable 300yds from my house. Nice. Good job I didn't opt for BTVision...

Try pressing control+f5 to force a server side refresh - and keep your fingers crossed.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sorry about this, it's never been necessary before in any of the software updates so I can't understand why there were so many issues yesterday afternoon which will roll on for a few days until people have been back to the site.

There's all sorts of bugs and I didn't even take the first version of the update. :/

Not your fault Andy - you're "just" a customer, we know that. Having closed IE while I went out, I have had to sign in again 30 minutes later.

Compared to others' troubles with weather and flooding, it's trivial, of course.

But - GRRRRR!

• RMweb Gold

Try pressing control+f5 to force a server side refresh - and keep your fingers crossed.

This worked for me on my IE (no other clearing required)  (which I'd stopped using due to the new issues) - give it a go.

I've just tried clearing the cache and cookies on the iPad but it is still showing Array.

I can live with that in the scheme of things though.

Aye, poor Array. He's been so busy answering everybodys posts he must be knackered by now. Merry Christmas Array!

All the best

Array Jon F

IE7 on Vista: no troubles at all, although the forum did have some red text on it yesterday. Keep getting messages saying it is not fully supported, but everything keeps working.

In my ideal world I would have the power to randomly reassign the control functions of every software developer's motor vehicle every morning, until they finally get the point: absolute, 100% binding, don't you alter a thing, backward compatability. If those of us working on hardware did as software developers, life would be hellish. Rant over.

• RMweb Premium

Ahh, this so annoys me.  I feel for Andy, not your fault I think you do a great job, but the fact that this software has now caused all sorts of hassles for everywhere else I visit in the virtual world has really got my goat. I bet you have to pay for it too..... :devil:

Same happens at work when we get an 'upgrade', it's anything but.  Don't these people test anything any more? /rant sorry.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Guest Max Stafford

It's not 'arry Rednapp is it?

Perhaps he's got a layout at his house in Sandbanks?

On top of his dog's bank vault!

Dave.

Archived