East West rail, Bletchley to oxford line

• RMweb Premium

Buckingham Road now closed to traffic (bottom) and pedestrian access only on Police Station side of the road to the zebra crossing opposite the bus station (for access to town centre).

Traffic queuing past the worksite on Water Eaton Road (top) to get through the traffic light protected single lane bridge under the West Coast Main Line.

20200706_112757.jpg

20200706_112922.jpg

Edited by 1E BoY
Image order corrected
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, 1E BoY said:

Buckingham Road now closed to traffic (bottom) and pedestrian access only on Police Station side of the road to the zebra crossing opposite the bus station (for access to town centre).

Traffic queuing past the worksite on Water Eaton Road (top) to get through the traffic light protected single lane bridge under the West Coast Main Line.

20200706_112757.jpg

20200706_112922.jpg

Can’t wait to see the new cranes. When will they start work on the bridge removing them? 

• RMweb Premium

I'd reckon that the road closure must be playing absolute havoc with the local bus services looking at those queues. Perhaps its a good job that the pandemic has had a major impact on bus use.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TylerTrainFan2001 said:

Can’t wait to see the new cranes. When will they start work on the bridge removing them? 

No cranes on site that I could see.

Even the hoardings at the Water Eaton site will not easily hide them!

• RMweb Premium

Looking on Google traffic reveals what appears to be a mass assault on the local roads by EWR.

From left to right Furze Lane, Winslow where I could see vegetation clearance has started on the site of the new station.

Mursley Rd/Station Rd, not sure what is going on there or at the next one, Whaddon Road, Newton Longville.

Then there is Buckingham Road, Bletchley, we know what is happening there.

But then both Bow Brickhill and Woburn Sands level crossing are also closed.

I don't think the lorry load of rubbish that went over at the A4146/A5 roundabout today helped the situation either.....

image.png

Edited by Davexoc
double image removed
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Since the closure of the main road last Sunday between West and East Bletchley much activity has taken place.

This was the scene yesterday. My old Editor told me that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a couple of thousand on the work that had been undertaken at 1100 yesterday (9 July 2020).

20200709_112432.jpg

20200709_112722.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

The former Duncombe Street work site has now merged into the bigger one following the road closure last weekend.

This was viewed through the hoarding support structure being erected and seen in the picture above.

20200710_151336.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

When you consider the reverse view from the bridge in the distance was this just over a month ago...

And there was an iron? footbridge in there up until recently.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Work is progressing on the preparations for the removal of the sections over Buckingham Road which was previously a busy dual carriageway section of road.

A new crane appears to arrived at the main worksite (the former Telephone Rentals site). It appears to be being assembled in the attached picture. Although it looks like it is close to the flyover section, it was some considerable distance from it around 1500 this afternoon.

20200720_150058.jpg

20200720_150540.jpg

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Two new arrivals in the form of cranes since yesterdays report.

My sources tell me that these are the little ones. The big one is yet to arrive. These two however, are still very large!

Top picture shows the new arrival at the end of Duncombe Street.

Bottom picture shows the new arrival on the left with the one featured yesterday on the right.

20200721_154948.jpg

20200721_144201.jpg

Edited by 1E BoY
Picture order corrected
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Two views from today showing further assembly of the two cranes.

I understand a lift of a section is due this weekend.

Top picture: former Telephone Rentals site

Bottom: Duncombe Street

20200722_152709.jpg

20200722_160131.jpg

Edited by 1E BoY
Additional info
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon watching the removal of the first segment of arch 28 at the end of Duncombe Street, Bletchley.

DSC_0125.JPG.c244b81379a0cddd59efcabc5334067e.JPGIt was lowered on to an Allelly's lorry.

DSC_0131.JPG

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 3