class 08 shunter prototype photos

19 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

why was it there?

As DOCJACOB said, I believe it was bought by the city council when it was withdrawn & 'plinthed' to represent the end of an era for Lincoln's railways (station pilots/shunter allocation, not sure which).

Here it is towards the end of its working life (1987/1988) sat in its usual home in what used to be Platform 3...

08102 - Lincoln Central, March 1987

08102 - Lincoln Central, 24th September 1988

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Pyewipe Jct said:

As DOCJACOB said, I believe it was bought by the city council when it was withdrawn & 'plinthed' to represent the end of an era for Lincoln's railways (station pilots/shunter allocation, not sure which).

Here it is towards the end of its working life (1987/1988) sat in its usual home in what used to be Platform 3...

08102 - Lincoln Central, March 1987

08102 - Lincoln Central, 24th September 1988

Love the bent handrail and tail lamp on running board. My Bachmann 08 has both!

• Like 1

Snowplough fitted D3758 at Swansea Eastern Depot April, 1967.

The snowplough brackets were only fitted to the radiator, of a handful of  South Wales allox W.R. locos, namely D3258, 3744, 3748, 3758, 3819 & 3821  .

I have a copy of the B.R. drawing for these brackets - somewhere.

Photographer unknown.

3758-Swansea East Dock-xx0467.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, br2975 said:

The snowplough brackets were only fitted to the radiator, of a handful of  South Wales allox W.R. locos, namely D3258, 3744, 3748, 3758, 3819 & 3821  .

Photographer unknown.

That looks a right pig to couple up, I bet shunters loved them 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, br2975 said:

Photographer unknown.

Brill ....snowplough on a 08..and a set of ladders

11 hours ago, russ p said:

That looks a right pig to couple up, I bet shunters loved them 

Try putting 2x31s in to air and vac with multiple working cables with two full sets of plows! In July!! On a slimy oily dark wind swept sidings...in the rain....am I selling this to you?   after the driver has helped you out by squeezing the buffers tight'!:nono: in stead of just kissing them....! Revenge is sweet when thay want to 'give you a go' on the return journey after a shandy or two and a couple of games of darts on break?....no your alright ill just make the tea! When all they wanted was a snooze!

It's a fair chance thay have all shunted off to sidings in the sky....so can't answer for them self's...I would never squeeze buffers tight for a member of staff didn't particularly like....oops :D

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

On 22/05/2021 at 21:03, russ p said:

Wonder why no marker lights and a missing black stripe making it look very miserable! 

and the extremely  drunk life guards!!!, can see wires for markers and also missing air filters

Edited by bradfordbuffer
Typo

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Try putting 2x31s in to air and vac with multiple working cables with two full sets of plows! In July!! On a slimy oily dark wind swept sidings...in the rain....am I selling this to you?   after the driver has helped you out by squeezing the buffers tight'!:nono: in stead of just kissing them....! Revenge is sweet when thay want to 'give you a go' on the return journey after a shandy or two and a couple of games of darts on break?....no your alright ill just make the tea! When all they wanted was a snooze!

It's a fair chance thay have all shunted off to sidings in the sky....so can't answer for them self's...I would never squeeze buffers tight for a member of staff didn't particularly like....oops :D

To be honest anything with ploughs is a pig. When we use the independent ploughs mainly for their yearly test but wee did use them in anger a few years ago coupling those to a 37 with ploughs is very tight to get in 

At the end of rhtt season putting all the 37s together is horrible as everything is covered in brown slime