class 08 shunter prototype photos

The pic of 15234 at Eastleigh in '69 on the rail-online link is excellent, looks just as dusty/weathered as my loco does and that's the number of mine :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surely if its 1 of Donny works shunters, it dosn`t need to go far for attention.

The loco is at Midland Road for tire turning, but I would have thought Doncaster could have done that

One of Bescot's skirt fitted 08's. The skirting was added to keep water out of the running gear when on carriage washing duties.

I do not remember seeing any skirt fitted 08s, were there many of them, and how long were they like that?

edit   -   and it does not look like the hole cut in the side of the 16t mineral/ZHV next to it is large enough to prevent the P Way staff from overloading it!

cheers 

Edited by Rivercider

• RMweb Premium

I do not remember seeing any skirt fitted 08s, were there many of them, and how long were they like that?

edit   -   and it does not look like the hole cut in the side of the 16t mineral/ZHV next to it is large enough to prevent the P Way staff from overloading it!

cheers 

At least one more, 08841 showing the results of too many trips through the washer.

post-8686-0-87710500-1496567432_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

post-601-0-97628700-1496574825_thumb.jpg

08919 glistens in the sunshine at Swindon Works on 19th September 1978 having just been repainted after overhaul.
Built at Horwich in 1962, originally numbered D4149, the loco lasted until September 2008 and was scrapped at Booths, Rotherham in July 2009.

post-601-0-97628700-1496574825_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where is 08401, please? It's one of ours from Frodingham.

Hi, As Tamperman36 said it was at Midland Road in Leeds however it is not there now, it was having its wheels done.

Simon :)