class 08 shunter prototype photos

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Now 58 years old, 08266 rests at Haworth shed on 27th June 2015.  According to the K&WVR's website, when built at Darlington Works as 13336 it was the last example to be turned out in black livery.  Be rather nice to see it in that livery again me thinks.

• Like 8

08407 Peterborough August 1977.

I wouldn't say that this is typical of that time, as most 08s had received blue livery by then (and probably why I photographed this one).  Air-braked (only), faded and weathered green livery (yellow coupling rods), "lion and dartboard" emblem, OHL warning on running plate over front steps., TOPS number (was D3522), data panel and March (MR) shed label. 

post-10122-0-06613100-1435665274_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like your colleague got tango'd  :danced: 

Should have said looks lie your colleagues shunter got tango'd.

I know its no longer funny. 

Being serious its amazing so many are still around despite what DB try to do. 

• Like 1

08407 Peterborough August 1977.

I wouldn't say that this is typical of that time, as most 08s had received blue livery by then (and probably why I photographed this one).  Air-braked (only), faded and weathered green livery (yellow coupling rods), "lion and dartboard" emblem, OHL warning on running plate over front steps., TOPS number (was D3522), data panel and March (MR) shed label. 

attachicon.gifK25D77015b.jpg

Lovely shot, that's how I remember 08s...    Interesting to see a green air brake only conversion; when did these start? 

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I have no recollection of Thornaby depot at all (despite going there once) and can't picture it but if you go to all the effort to demolish something to the ground and clear the debris why then leave 2 08's in the middle of it all. It's looks a very sad sight anyhow but the 08's there just seem to make the scene even more abhorrent. It not even like they were close to anything for being stripped for spares. Yes, sorry very  :offtopic: but I've had my rant now and hopefully Phil can supply us with an 08 to inspire me next time :laugh: