Shunting plank - as yet un-named

BoD

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Difficult as it is to follow Simons post, I would love to know how much more you have completed as I am contemplating ripping the track off my 2010 entry and putting it on a longer baseboard. How long/wide is yours? 

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The shunting plank was a diversion whilst major house work was going on. I have produced a few buildings for it, just to keep my hand in and have erm, used it for shunting occasionally. Very relaxing.

The work on the house has finished and this Easter holiday I am patching up/redecorating the loft. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary. I now have three projects. The shunting plank and a depot type layout both of which are started but not completed. Then, of course, there's the loft layout, as yet unstarted, which is to be my 'Magnus opus' and keep me entertained/busy now and in retirement.

Some rationalisation is necessary. I need a list.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that Mrs. BoD was the primary maker of lists  Has she run out of things she wants you to do?

Lucky boy.

The answer to your quandry is to incorporate both the shunting puzzle and the depot into the loft layout. Simples.

PS. Why does the spell checker query my spelling of 'quandry'?

• RMweb Gold

Are you a mind reader Don. Certainly the depot will have a connection to the main layout. I think the shunting puzzle will remain as a stand alone effort though.

• 1 month later...

Hi BoD,

Just want to check in and see if there has been any progress on the plank... the last posting  here was well over a year ago!!!

Anything you want to share?

Motters

Archived