Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling a traditional parcels train

• RMweb Premium
On 10/01/2019 at 12:56, Metr0Land said:

This is an interesting image, not so long ago I was being told that skinhead 31's didn't go into the cross. I found it odd that someone could tell me I hadn't seen things I regularly had. Looking at the date its quite possible I actually saw this loco and train on this date! Experts eh?

Edited by PMP
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, PMP said:

This is an interesting image, not so long ago I was being told that skinhead 31's didn't go into the cross. I found it odd that someone could tell me I hadn't seen things I regularly had. Looking at the date its quite possible I actually saw this loco and train on this date! Experts eh?

Maybe your "expert" was confusing his toffee apples and skinheads?

Mike.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

4 hours ago, grahame said:

Good for all those Class 73s someone (I) bought with no real idea how someone (I) would put them to use :)

• Funny 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

The one of 7001 at Waltham might have appeared here before, or it was one very similar - memorable for the fact the two blue/grey coaches in  the middle are dia.702 RK kitchen cars. Look very clean,  so possibly a stock move back from works.

Edit: just read a comment on Flickr, suggests it could be 5A06 Plymouth - Old Oak ECS

Edit again: found it on p.23 of the thread. The Stationmaster commented it might be the 'Malago vans' which was an empty-van movement that sometimes picked up overhauled stock from Swindon

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/66383-modelling-a-traditional-parcels-train/&do=findComment&comment=2606546

Edited by keefer
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

An interesting trio of photographs, all showing how common the SR wooden bodied vans were, and how widely spread during later BR days. The Thompson 6 wheeler at Didcot is nice as well. I have earlier photos of a BZ at Reading.

Paul

Recently viewed a film on construction of the Victoria Line in the 1960s - took me back.  Right at the very end, at about 1:39:36, there's a view from the lighting tower over Northumberland Park depot and to the right of shot there's a fleeting glimpse of what I think is a parcels train - single diesel car hauling two vans:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

D7011 is carrying an incorrect headcode; this is a class 6 train and if it is, as I am assuming, a Reading-Redhill working should be carrying 'O' as the second character for a train destined for Southern Region.  If Redhill-Reading it would be 'V' for Western Region, but the position of the sun as shown by the shadows demands that the train is heading east or southeast. so towards Redhill.