Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling a traditional parcels train

It might be me, but I've never thought of TPO trains as "parcel trains" in the sense being discussed here, which I thought meant trains of vans carrying "railway parcels" and/or Royal Mail, be that parcels or bagged letters/packages, not being sorted en-route.

Mind you, I think newspaper trains got in on the act at some point in the thread too.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

It might be me, but I've never thought of TPO trains as "parcel trains" in the sense being discussed here, which I thought meant trains of vans carrying "railway parcels" and/or Royal Mail, be that parcels or bagged letters/packages, not being sorted en-route.

Mind you, I think newspaper trains got in on the act at some point in the thread too.

The thread got a bit generic, somewhat like the 16 ton mineral wagon thread, no worse for it though!

Mike.

• Agree 6

19 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

I've already got my excuses in....

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Always found the Cambrian ‘van on the back of a DMMU’ made the before dawn train from Shrewsbury a fascinating ride, with post vans backed onto the platforms, and posties ready to receive their bags for local distribution. It wasn’t unique to this line, but it was the first place, and later the last place, I saw it.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
On 09/07/2021 at 02:42, leopardml2341 said:

Wondering what that signal reads to?

It signals the line to the left of the 25  - the down goods - so has been moved from its expected position for some sighting reason. I am going to assume the photographer is standing on a bridge and that bridge is the reason.

Rob

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Manchester - Bristol parcels at Wellington 1986 by Jamerail

37431, 37180. [JC9-099]

That's a rare shot of '180 - the West Wales Celebrity - in Railfreight Grey livery with ploughs, as modelled by Lima.  Having been repainted it lost the name less than a year later I think.

So many wonderful short prototype trains in this thread..........!

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1