Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling a traditional parcels train

22 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Expecting a very big parcel on that back wagon in the second picture, or is this a ‘sweep up’ taking vehicles away for maintenance, rather than a parcel train?

Well the caption says it's actually a pick up freight, but I was hoping that no one would notice. Hey, it's mostly a parcel train so.... ;)

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, montyburns56 said:

I know that this doesn't show the stock that well, but as it's a single 20 on a parcel train I thought I'd post it.

Kingmoor 1979

20123_1979_07_Kingmoor

That must rate as a rare shot, also note the missing jumper cable socket. There was a Scunthorpe trip working which involved shunting some parcels vans into a bay at the station(it's pictured in one of those old Bradford Barton soft back books)using a single class 20, I dare say Glasgow saw the odd single 20 on a parcel ecs move too.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/07/2021 at 15:39, Not Jeremy said:

Ex works Crompton running into Westbury on a summer's evening in 1976.

Westbury parcels.jpg

This is the perfect solution to whether you have red or white lights on the front of a model...!

Yes I know the Heljan model has colour changing lights :P

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

19 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

What's that coming over the hill is it....

Not a Monster for starters.

SR PMV/CCT, LMS CCT, SR BY, 2 x BR BG, BR GUV, LNER BG?, 2 x BR GUV,...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
On 29/07/2021 at 20:08, montyburns56 said:

08991 Llanelli 1985 by KDH Archive

BB3 BW 033 0985 08991 Llanelli

08991 might be hauling a GUV but that's not a parcels train.  I think it's just parked in the Eastbound side siding just outside Llanelli station; all those sidings formed the weekend stabling point for locos serving the local collieries (and the Milford Haven refinery traffic).  The GUV may have been in use as a stores vehicle.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

58 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

08991 might be hauling a GUV but that's not a parcels train.  I think it's just parked in the Eastbound side siding just outside Llanelli station; all those sidings formed the weekend stabling point for locos serving the local collieries (and the Milford Haven refinery traffic).  The GUV may have been in use as a stores vehicle.

There was some sort of parcels traffic at Llanelli at the time;  I recollect seeing a BR-built 'Monster' in the same siding a few years earlier. What I've been unable to determine is what the van worked; perhaps a Llanelli- Llandeilo or Llandovery working?

• Informative/Useful 1