Dapol class 86

HSTcallum

Intercity executive examples have the wrong TDM cables for the era.

Hallo,

I am a great one for photo-proof, and whilst you are absolutely correct that the executive livery versions (mostly) have the sockets positioned further up to the cab front, here the evidence that Dapol have it correct for the version on the market at least for one day in history!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/5761536926/in/photolist-9M8ocy-BDqG6L-JyUMN3-KcuXiL-wNZ2fK-iz6n6M-9WMiFQ-jNRyyp-jNuAPg-bydwHi-oXVxCu-9WMiVA-7vbRaV-7LN9pp-tftwqy-CEHTXe-w7U5wm-waCSg6-tm7nWh-oefmp4-jNuASx

I have also found in Flickr photos of executive liveried versions without any cables, so a re-spray of Meteor will be on the cards. below an example

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/16699232215/in/photolist-rrDVWP-qHC3qE-bkkvXK-gUeeQx-ecoTSb-YVV78a-KSsUBj-qm7ntD-9t1SBG-jBysEv-edru75-qeNKyR-9WLMMm-8t5LUw-jBBwbd-2aaha5U 

Let's hope the correct buffers are fitted

es grüßt

pc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Good to see the buffers are now corrected from the pre production samples. But still pondering about the 'pastel' blue on 86259. Doesn't seem to be either electric or early (chromatic) rail blue - noting that I have read all the discussion about this subject area on various other threads.

3 hours ago, jonathan452 said:

Good to see the buffers are now corrected from the pre production samples. But still pondering about the 'pastel' blue on 86259. Doesn't seem to be either electric or early (chromatic) rail blue - noting that I have read all the discussion about this subject area on various other threads.

This was brought to their notice by me and two other people known to me. But they seem to be going along many over edited pictures from the internet.

The shade of blue is far too light.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...