BRM February 2013 issue

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi all,

Here's a sneak preview of the February 2013 issue front cover featuring Haymarket Cross. We've just received our office copies and really love this issue. I'll list full contents later this morning.

This issue goes on-sale in shops on Thursday, January 10.

Steve

post-14186-0-28008400-1357550220_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

This issue is now available to download as a Digital Edition from either:

1. Buy from iTunes.

2. Buy from Pocketmags. www.pocketmags.com/viewmagazine.aspx?titleid=856&title=British+Railway+Modelling

• Administrators

February issue content list

Free Hassell Harbour Bridge DVD on all copies purchased from WHSmith and supermarkets.

Layout 1: Haymarket Cross (OO) - a busy Eastern Region shed modelled in OO gauge.

Practical BRM: How to turn a budget-priced HO locomotive into a 4mm British outline industrial 0-6-0T.

Black Country Blues: how local history and buildings were pieced together to create this imaginary slice of the Black Country.

Practical BRM: How to build Fitzgerald's Bar from an Alphagraphix card kit.

Layout 2: Tawcombe (OO) - A layout inspired by Pendon.

Practical BRM: How to clean your soldering work.

Prototype Modelling by Tony Wright.

Layout 3: Loch Oran (N) - a Scottish-inspired layout.

Practical BRM: How to build a B4 locomotive kit.

BRM Project Layout: Wisbech & Upwell.

Layout 4: Cromer - a 00 gauge snapshot of this ex-M&GN branchline in the '80s.

Doncaster Show Guide.

What's New - Hornby 2013 new releases and Warley Show Report.

Review 1: Hornby Class 67.

Review 2: Hornby Thompson non-gangwayed coaches.

Diary Dates.

BRM continues to go from strength to strength. Looking forward to getting my copy for personal reasons this time. Congratulations to Ian for getting Haymarket Cross as a cover shot, and Sandside on your first magazine article for BCB. This issue is stuffed full of excellent articles (as was last months) I can't wait to read.

Thanks BRM from a very satisfied long time subscriber.

Mike

Haven't downloaded it yet, and this is no criticism of the mag, but from the contents list posted I find it ironical that there is a review of Hornby Thompsons. Shows how quickly things move on nowadays - when did you last see one on a shop shelf?

Stewart

• Administrators

I've downloaded mine, and find there are blank black pages scattered throughout the mag. Having closed the offline reader, and then gone back in again, I still have the problem but with different pages. Any ideas anyone?

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

I have sent you a PM.

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Just picked up my copy. Quick turn to Haymarket Cross and big panic. I was looking at the track plan to get some idea of scale for Great West Road and read 20ft for 2.0m.  I'll get my coat....off to specksavers.... :blind:

Can't wait to read it.  Great pics, BTW.

• RMweb Gold

Just noticed on page 79 in the Doncaster Show preview the Maintenance slot in the RMweb Tuition Zone is listed as "To be confirmed" - I can confirm it is I, so if anyone has a troublesome loco bring it along and I will see what can be done. My knowledge does not really extend to N gauge and smaller, but the basic principles of loco maintenance apply ;)

See you all there :)

Modelling Inspirations seems to have gone from landscape format to portrait format to no format. Why?

Because it's bi-monthly in BRM.

Which would mean that it would be in next month's but we have a very special issue underway which I can promise will have some MI style imagery around a major layout feature and some other sprinkles.

Archived