BRM February 2013 issue

SteveCole

Picked my copy up today, a great issue, may I ask why it sais it's set in the 80s? Or is that just how I have interpreted that?

The layout was originally set in this period and all the material we had stated this. Mike has obviously brought the time period forward as far as the rolling stock goes but neither he nor I noticed that the text still stated the 1980s - the perils of publishing! I think it's safe to say this is Cromer in the 1990s.....or even at the turn of the century.

• Administrators

So that's a no that's a no then :dontknow:

Hi griffgriff,

Here's the reply I have received from our technical people:

You won’t be able to print directly from your Kindle Fire, but you can print by accessing the mag freely via the pocketmags website. Just do the following:

1. Register an account at www.pocketmags.com/register.aspx then login to the site with the registered details and click ‘My Account’>’My Magazines’, then click on the issue you want to read/print, and you will be led to an online reader.
  2. At the bottom of the reader there will be a print icon, this will allow you to print single pages at a time. I’m afraid you won’t be able to print batches of pages at one time.

Hope this helps.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Hi griffgriff,

Here's the reply I have received from our technical people:

You won’t be able to print directly from your Kindle Fire, but you can print by accessing the mag freely via the pocketmags website. Just do the following:

1. Register an account at www.pocketmags.com/register.aspx then login to the site with the registered details and click ‘My Account’>’My Magazines’, then click on the issue you want to read/print, and you will be led to an online reader.
  2. At the bottom of the reader there will be a print icon, this will allow you to print single pages at a time. I’m afraid you won’t be able to print batches of pages at one time.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks very much, very helpful :yes:

This month's mag also features 'Tawcombe' by David Wright of Dovedale Models fame.

Here's an extra shot to the article showing the fine work on a group of farm buildings and his excellent backscene painting.

Farm1s.jpg

David will be in the RMweb Tuition Zone and Lecture theatre at The Festival of British Railway Modelling on 09 February 2013 - 10 February 2013 at Doncaster.

• Administrators

The February 2013 issue of BRM (on-sale now) features Adrian Marks' (Buckjumper) latest soldering article. This month he focuses on cleaning your soldering work. He'll show you how you can transform your soldering from this...

post-14186-0-62144800-1358431317.jpg

to this...

post-14186-0-93401100-1358431335.jpg

The February issue comes with a free Hassell Harbour Bridge DVD with copies purchased from WHSmiths and supermarkets. To watch a promo of the DVD, click here.

You can also download the magazine as a Digital Edition from just £2.49 an issue. For more information, click here.

...Mike has obviously brought the time period forward as far as the rolling stock goes....

As I mentioned in my earlier post, it's a great representation of the station from the mid 1990s onwards (although the Supermarket was a Safeway until their takeover by Morrisons a few years ago).

In the 1980s, the site still retained many of the main buildings from its opening in 1887, including the loco shed, goods shed, the overall train shed on the side of the main building (criminally demolished - it was unique), various extra buildings where the small railway car park now sits, and the coal office. It was all cleared for the building of the supermarket in the early 1990s.

Up until early last year, some of the chairs on the line by the platform still had 'GER' on them (ironic, for an M&GN station) and the folks preserving the signal box (built c1920-22, replacing the original much taller one built to see past the long demolished Bridge 316 at the station mouth) have nicely cleared the old cattle dock.

Sorry, miles off topic but it's a station I do have just a slight interest in!

Archived