BRM February 2013 issue

SteveCole

I have to publicly thank Steve for his quick response to my download problem, and a quick PM detailing what to do, which cured the problem.

Now just imagine if I had been in a paper shop and bought a copy with missing pages....?

Great service, and from a mag I have never bought until recently because I thought it wasn't very good!

Stewart

I've had a quick look through my (hard) copy and I'm particularly looking forward to reading Tony Wright's big article properly. Lots to think about there.

One slight point. Cromer Beach looked nothing like that in the late 1980s as the supermarket wasn't built until the early 1990s and the

train shed (and in fact the complete yard) was still pretty much intact at the time. The model shows the station in its 2000s condition,

and very impressive it is too.

Cromer Beach c1900 is the station I hope to model one day. I've been planning it since 1981, so I really ought to get started, but why rush...!

• RMweb Gold

Probably a daft question...

I'm new to the digital magazine format but in the old days I quite liked to have the 'hard copy' if I was working on something on my workbench, now I don't really fancy having a hot soldering iron and flux anywhere near my brand new Kindle Fire (I'm thinking Adrian Marks' soldering articles here) ... technically can I print out pages from my subscription at home or are there terms and conditions that prevent that?

If it is possible... how on earth do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Griff

• RMweb Premium

PIcked up a copy this morning. Only had time to skim read the excellent BCB article by 2manySpams, good to be able to see each building and their relative positions on the map.

Got home late tonight and found my subscription copy on the door mat. Nice to see the submitted words and pictures for BCB scenic 2 in print. Andy and the BRM team have done a nice job on it and kept bits of text that perhaps other straighter-laced mags might have cut out. It's good to see our 'hired help' Stu, Flavio, Jason and Eric getting the recognition they deserve. 

• RMweb Premium

Got home late tonight and found my subscription copy on the door mat. Nice to see the submitted words and pictures for BCB scenic 2 in print. Andy and the BRM team have done a nice job on it and kept bits of text that perhaps other straighter-laced mags might have cut out. It's good to see our 'hired help' Stu, Flavio, Jason and Eric getting the recognition they deserve. 

We should do another but on road vehicles too - after all several RMweb members are putting in a lot of time and effort into producing some period masterpieces. Would this be of interest to BRM? 

Oh, the threads are here and here for those that aren't aware of what I'm on about! 

• Administrators

Are you sure subscribers get the dvd, I got my first ever copy of the mag by subscription this week,,,but no dvd.

Bob

Hi Bob,

All subscribers should get the DVD. Please PM me your address and I'll try to sort (we're desperately low on stock, but I will try to find a copy plus the Pendon and Lime Street DVDs).

Steve

I'd like to personally thank Ian Harper for his time afforded to Richard and I for a day in his loft and excellent hospitality back in December when we did the photos for Haymarket Cross, a very enjoyable day indeed. There was probably too much gassing from me and not enough concentration leading to an oversight on the image published on P18/19. I'd spent time on two versions of the image and not submitted the correct one to the office so to hopefully redress the balance I'd like to include it here and as a shameless teaser for people to go and pick up the mag if it's an era and location of interest!

H3s.jpg

Hi Bob,

All subscribers should get the DVD. Please PM me your address and I'll try to sort (we're desperately low on stock, but I will try to find a copy plus the Pendon and Lime Street DVDs).

Steve

Thankyou Steve....thats excellent customer service......But I watch pretty well everything on line, so on this occasion I'm fine.  But thankyou for the very kind offer.

Cheers.....Bob.

I met Ian Harper, the owner of Haymarket Cross, at Warley last year....he was kind enough to invite me, through RMweb, to have a look behind the scenes at his control panel, my area of interest at the time.  Nothing was too much trouble for him to accomodate me and spend time explaining the panel during the exhibition.

Lovely guy....great layout....and I look forward to catching up with Ian again at my local Stafford show early in February, only a few weeks away.

Brilliant article and pics in BRM too....really enjoyed them.

Bob.

Layout 4: Cromer - a 00 gauge snapshot of this ex-M&GN branchline in the '80s.

Picked my copy up today, a great issue, may I ask why it sais it's set in the 80s? Or is that just how I have interpreted that?

• RMweb Gold

Probably a daft question...

I'm new to the digital magazine format but in the old days I quite liked to have the 'hard copy' if I was working on something on my workbench, now I don't really fancy having a hot soldering iron and flux anywhere near my brand new Kindle Fire (I'm thinking Adrian Marks' soldering articles here) ... technically can I print out pages from my subscription at home or are there terms and conditions that prevent that?

If it is possible... how on earth do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Griff

So that's a no that's a no then :dontknow:

This month's Black Country Blues article includes a round-up of the work-in-progress from the team and the wider RMweb collective.

Andy Banks' excellent viaduct.

Viaduct1m.jpg

Which now looks a little more like this after a lick of paint:

M1m.jpg

There's even a plan to show what the layout should look like when all the bits are gathered together.

Plan_key.jpg

Having read the article it looks great to see so many collaborators' work coming together.

• Administrators

So that's a no that's a no then :dontknow:

Huge apologies for not replying sooner. I must have over-looked your original post.

Anyway, I am sure you can print out pages. I don't have a Kindle Fire myself, but I will ask the question to our technical bods and come back to you ASAP.

Leave it with me.

Steve

Archived